"Hanging" or lingering of all sounds with release

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

"Hanging" or lingering of all sounds with release

Postby Michelle242 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:15 pm

Hallo, I have recently purchased a USPX. I have recognized that all sounds with a little more release still keep lingering silently in the background longer than the actual release time. I mean after the normal loud sound ends there is a time when the sound is still played but at a much lower volume.
Is this a known bug or is my device defective?
Can anyone let me know if you have the same problem?
P.S.: I have the latest firmware 1.01
Michelle242

Re: "Hanging" or lingering of all sounds with release

Postby Sunrise77 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:28 pm

I have the same problem too. Maybe everyone. With firmware 1.0.1 the problem is alleviated (at the expense of the brilliance of the sound) but it is not possible to eliminate it completely. If you put the master volume at 60% it is much less audible. You should always leave it at 60% and manage the volume from the mixer.
Sunrise77

Postby Michelle242 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:11 pm

Thank you, Sunrise77 for the help and the mental support!
Hmm, I really hope they can fix this in the next firmware update.
Otherwise the USPX will continue to dull up the mix with these lingering sounds and that is not very helpful or professional in a mix...
Michelle242

Postby Michelle242 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:15 pm

Do you or does anybody else know if this issue is also occuring in the original UNO Synth Pro?
And if they have fixed this?
Michelle242

Postby Sunrise77 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:24 pm

Queue noise complicates things. A gate should be used. I don't think it's possible to eliminate it with a firmware. But by leaving the volume at 60% I am satisfied. For me it's solved. The problem I can't tolerate is the loss of brilliance of the sounds after the firmware update. Because to try to resolve the noise, in the new firmware, they have applied a band reject filter which attenuates the noise, but makes the upper part of the sounds lose body.
I noticed it immediately because the synth arrived 3 days ago, with firmware 1.0.0, and I played with it all day. When I noticed the tail noise, I updated the firmware to try to fix the problem, and soon after the synth no longer sounded the same. It has lost its brilliance.
The Magic... I don't like it anymore.
Yes, I read on the forum that other people have the same problem with the keyboard version.
Sunrise77

Postby Michelle242 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:52 pm

That sounds really bad, in many ways...
Maybe I'll return the unit before I get as disappointed as you...
Michelle242

Postby Sunrise77 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 pm

Yes... I'm waiting for the response from technical support. If I can't go back to 1.0.0, I too will return the unit.
Sunrise77

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:07 pm

Please report any issues to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and they will happily assist you to help resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Michelle242 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:15 pm

This problem seems to be a well known issue for the developer.
It is not simply "my issue" that can be resolved by the support.
It seems to be a technical flaw of the hardware device itself and there needs to be a new revision.
Michelle242

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:25 pm

If you feel you have found a bug it would still need to be reported to the tech support team who can verify and if it is a global issue they will alert the developers. Please note that many times what seems to be the "exact same problem" on forums isn't the case or is something that can be fixed directly. This forum is not a medium for tech support so please report your issue to IK Support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth