Dub techno stab for Uno synth pro X?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Dub techno stab for Uno synth pro X?

Postby didjital » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:43 pm

Hey guys/gals,

i am wondering what procedure you use, or what settings, to get the nicest dubby techno stabs (minor chords, right?) out of your Pro X synth?
I just got mine, and i have not had so much time to fiddle around with it so far, so i´d like some tips on how to get some nice sounding stabs out of it.It´s got the potential i reckon - i have got very nice stabs out of my monomachine (the best so far) closely followed by the kodamo essence FM, and the Iridium, but with 3 oscillators and the nice filters and all it should be possible to get the nicest ones out of it.

How do you do your?
I keep forgetting which notes to use; i cfollow online tutorials but een if i folllow the notes described it stilll dont sound right. :( What could i be missing? Which three notes do you use for the best result, and how do you set up the filters? If i recall correctly it´s best a combo with bandpass filters or something like that, or high/lowpass filters.. Anything else.

Help a brother out, please? :)

I know how to do it basically, but there´something amiss, i just dont know what!

Cheers!

M
didjital

Re: Dub techno stab for Uno synth pro X?

Postby didjital » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:47 am

I have sort of worked it out by myself, but it sounds better with my other machines though. Not sure why, maybe it´s the filters that are more controllable on the other ones? Filters are important to get the right sounds, like soem kind of low/highpass combo, or bandbpass..

Cheers,
Marcus
didjital

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth