UNO Synth Pro X and Bitwig?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth Pro X and Bitwig?

Postby buckrogers2525 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:39 pm

hi all,

Did anyone get one of these and did you hook it up with bitwig ? if so how is that working out for you ? i'm having a lot of trouble getting this to work in bitwig. I can't get it to record midi CC from the synth onto a track. if you place the plugin after the HW instrument audio shuts off. ive tried putting it on another track. I just cant get it to work, anyone else tried?

Thanks.
buckrogers2525

Re: UNO Synth Pro X and Bitwig?

Postby Catalyser76 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:06 pm

Hello,

i have only the UNO Pro version, but it should work the same way as with your pro X version. I have no trouble using the UNO in bitwig. In the device/plugin panel, i have the UNO synth pro editor at first. After this is the HW instrument installed with: (out) UNO synth Pro, (return) stereo in. Furthermore, in bitwig and system settings you have to set up the UNO as midi controller, too. If you have questions let me know.

Cheers
Catalyser76

Postby buckrogers2525 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:18 pm

Hi thanks for responding, yeah I figured out the part about placing it before the HW instrument, that seems to work. But let ma ask you, can you record knob automation from the synth? if you twist the cutoff or something does that record midi CC data into your track ok ? I cant get that to work on my end. Basically id like the play the synth and record the automation into a midi track in bitwig
buckrogers2525

Postby didjital » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:00 pm

Dont know about the editor, but in general my experience is that the editors more often than not are standalone, and dont work together with a DAW. They are intended to be used as a sound design tool mostly, and not as a VST instrument.

It´s possible i am wrong of course, but that´s the impression i got when i tried. With the DAW and editor on the same time, the editor did not connect to the Uno. Closed the DAW and the Editor connected with Uno right away.

Hopefully someone can prove me wrong. :)
didjital

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth