Oscillators are always audible

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Oscillators are always audible

Postby ikuser6897 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Hello again,

I'm just playing with my Uno Synth Pro and I noticed that the oscillators never seem to go to zero volume.

If I play a note (using eg. sound 1) then let it decay I can still hear the oscillators playing. I can even alter the sound by twisting the oscillator tuning knobs. It's nothing to do with USB noise or anything like that, the oscillators simply don't go to zero volume.

Also: If I leave it alone for a minute I also hear a series of descending tones like the calibration noises at startup (which I can also hear).

Does anybody else hear this?
ikuser6897

Re: Oscillators are always audible

Postby ikuser6897 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:26 pm

I also found that the other oscillators affect sounds even when volume is set to zero (off).

If you set volume to zero on oscillators 2 and three they're still clearly audible and do horrible things if you turn the tuning knobs for 2 and 3.

eg. Listen to this sound (it's just the 'empty' sound at 128 with waveform 1 changed to triangle):

Now change the tuning of oscillator 2 and 3. You can hear all sorts of beating and phasing going on even though the volume of those channels is zero ("off").

nb. This is with firmware 2.0.2
ikuser6897

Postby groovier » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:09 pm

If I leave it alone for a minute I also hear a series of descending tones l

I, too, hear as series of descending tones, at very low level, when the unit has been powered on and left untouched for some time. I don't hear it at startup, though. It's a series of 'A' notes starting from high pitch and going one octave down for each note. It sound like a calibration routine.
groovier

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:21 pm

Have you reported this to IK Support?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby groovier » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:53 pm

Have you reported this to IK Support?

Not yet, but I will now :)
groovier

Postby groovier » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:41 pm

groovier

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth