Improvement of firmware 2.0.2 for original UNO Synth Pro

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Improvement of firmware 2.0.2 for original UNO Synth Pro

Postby Transistor75 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:14 pm

Dear IK Multimedia official forum moderator, please forward to developers / IK hardware support team because it's not related only to my hardware unit

Regarding the just arrived UNO Synth Pro X it would be great if you could improve the current 2.0.2 firmware of the original UNO Synth Pro and take care of the persisting bugs :)
I’d love to see:

- OLED display screen saver and adjustment of brightness in settings
- improvement of the DSP FX algorithms - maybe the shimmer verb as addition?
- improvement on the DSP engine regarding digital zipper noise on modulating certain destinations
- maybe the new third envelope as addition?
- oscillator and lfo noise bleed, audible on long release times or low volumes. i saw the loopop review of and he mentioned this issue is still present on the new Synth Pro X
- parameter saving mismatch on certain values regarding 512 steps resolution on hardware vs. 127 step resolution on software editor or sequencer
- i’m not sure if the known bug of not saved retrigger setting on lfo and envelopes is solved
- add a global midi local off mode to settings, not only via the editor software / plugin

Thank you!
Transistor75

Re: Improvement of firmware 2.0.2 for original UNO Synth Pro

Postby ikuser6897 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:41 pm

Transistor75 wrote:Dear IK Multimedia official forum moderator, please forward to I’d love to see:

- OLED display screen saver and adjustment of brightness in settings

Yep.

Transistor75 wrote:Dear IK Multimedia official forum moderator, please forward to I’d - oscillator and lfo noise bleed, audible on long release times or low volumes. i saw the loopop review of and he mentioned this issue is still present on the new Synth Pro X

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

This has to be possible in firmware. I've peeked inside mine and it's all digital apart from the filters.
ikuser6897

Postby ikuser6897 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:43 pm

I'll add one more item to the list - an option for a pure, non-buzzy triangle wave.

(ie. Not "Sharktooth")
ikuser6897

Postby joakim_moller » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:38 pm

+1 on plain bugs and the local on/off to be added in settings …a 2.0.3 for simple bug fixes would be much appreciated.

I can totally understand if new features will not be implemented to the Pro since the release of Pro X but taking care of existing known bugs should be a priority for IK.
joakim_moller

Postby Fakefirmware » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:07 am

Are there ANY release notes on the firmware 2.0.x releases? Ive searched hi and low :|
Fakefirmware

Postby Fakefirmware » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:15 am

Fakefirmware wrote:Are there ANY release notes on the firmware 2.0.x releases? Ive searched hi and low :|

NVM :D for anyone looking I found them on the firmware update page and clicking on the i
To save a click:
:!: What’s new in version 2.0.0:

Added editor functionality
Improved matrix slot number display view
Added metronome volume
Fixes a problem that caused looped envelope to do not play at minimum decay values
General reliability improvements

:!: What’s new in version 2.0.1:

:!: What’s new in version 2.0.2:
Fakefirmware

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth