Uno Synth Pro X

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Synth Pro X

Postby buckrogers2525 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:02 am

Hi all,

I just puchased a Pro X and was wondering what the correct audio cable to use with this synth is. I'm used to having mono connection with my hardware. Does this need a y splitter? like two left right monos that go to 1 stereo ? or two separate stereo cables? what cables do i need to connect this to my scarlett 4i4 ?

Thanks
buckrogers2525

Re: Uno Synth Pro X

Postby buckrogers2525 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:16 am

Hello anyone ? bueller.....? anyone there ?
buckrogers2525

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:27 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one advice. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:10 pm

On the UNO Synth PRO X web page it states it has balanced stereo outputs. In the photos that allow you to mouse over the various parts including the I/O, it states stereo balanced cables are recommended for best results but you can use unbalanced if you wish.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby buckrogers2525 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:29 pm

yeah I read the manual, I saw that it said that thanks. but thats not what I was asking.,
buckrogers2525

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:45 pm

But it should answer your question. If you absolutely need to sum them to a single input on your interface, you'd still use the same connectors on the UNO Synth PRO X side as is suggested/recommended. Or use the recommended cabling into two channels and do what you need to with the signal (sum to a single stereo track, sum to mono) in the box.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emasters » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:56 am

Peter - what if any preset packs from the Uno Sounds web page, work with Uno Synth Pro X? I see two sections from the prior Uno Synth Pro and Uno Synth products. Do preset packs from either of these two sections work with the new Uno Synth Pro X?
emasters

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:37 pm

emasters wrote:Peter - what if any preset packs from the Uno Sounds web page, work with Uno Synth Pro X? I see two sections from the prior Uno Synth Pro and Uno Synth products. Do preset packs from either of these two sections work with the new Uno Synth Pro X?

This is a new synth so the UNO Synth Pro sounds will only work with the UNO Synth Pro.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emasters » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:42 pm

Ok, thanks Peter - appreciate the information. BTW, one minor issue to pass along to your documentation group, is in the Editor Manual. The image for the Effect page is incorrect. It is actually showing the image for the Matrix page instead. Not a big deal -- just FYI for the documentation team to be aware of, when next they rev the manual.
emasters

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth