Uno synth pro sequences strange behaviour

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno synth pro sequences strange behaviour

Postby frozen-autumn@libero.it » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:48 pm

Hi all, just bought a Uno Synth Pro, what a fantastic synth! I updated to firmware 2.02. The sequencer is simply great and super useful, but I' m having some strange issues: when I record some modulations and other changes in the sequence everything is replayed as I did since I remain in the same sound / sequence, I save the preset, but after loading other sounds if I reload that specific preset i saved before the sequences are played in a different way or other minor sound changes ( filter resonance or cut off atdifferent values etc ) how can I solve this problem? Thank you.
frozen-autumn@libero.it

Re: Uno synth pro sequences strange behaviour

Postby Catalyser76 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:42 pm

Hello,

from my experience, the uno pro has a general problem to reload "special" presets with exact cutoff and/or resonance parameters when they are in the modus "linked". Before you start the sequence, please check if the preset has the original "saved" sound. If not, then reload the preset two or three times. When this is not working, load another preset, play it, wait 3-4s, and then reload your original one. I think, due to the analog circuit of the uno the trigger process of the filter, envelops and so on is a little bit fluctuating. Also, the internal filter parameters of the hardware Uno are resolved in 512 steps and the UNO editor or daw are in 127 steps. This mismatch could do also some problems? Perhaps, IK can manage this in next update.

Cheers
Catalyser76

Re: Uno synth pro sequences strange behaviour

Postby frozen-autumn@libero.it » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:21 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply! I'll try your suggested method today! Cheers.
frozen-autumn@libero.it

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth