UNO Synth Pro keeps showing OS UPDATE

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth Pro keeps showing OS UPDATE

Postby haroldkuiper » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:22 pm

Dear IK Multimedia,
After the Firmware Updater failed (errornessage: "Presets update failed”) the synth keeps showing OS UPDATE. In the manual it says: you can only exit that stage by a "complete power circle”. But when removing all cables for a while the message keeps “OS UPDATE” when plugging in the power cable in again.
What can I do to fix that so I can use it again?
And how to update it?
By the way: I run an Mac mini late 2014 with Monterey.
Best regards, Harold
haroldkuiper

Re: UNO Synth Pro keeps showing OS UPDATE

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby haroldkuiper » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:50 pm

Hi Peter,
I did reach out already by mail (ticket.web@ikmultimedia.com) as a reply on [#5034763] but did not receive anything yet.
Harold
haroldkuiper

Postby WayasUh12 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:58 am

Based on your description, it seems that the firmware update process has failed, and now your device is stuck in the update mode. The first thing you can try is to perform a factory reset on the synth to see if that helps. Please consult the user manual for instructions on how to do this.

If the factory reset does not work, you may need to contact the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance. They may have more specific steps to help you get your device back to working order.

As for updating the firmware, it's always recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions to avoid any potential issues. Make sure to download the correct firmware for your specific model and operating system. If you are still having trouble updating the firmware, you may want to consult with the manufacturer's customer support for guidance.
WayasUh12

Postby haroldkuiper » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:35 pm

Hi IK Multimedia,

I tried several times to contact about the OS UPDATE that is being stuck on the synth. I want you to send me a reaction or a fix tomorrow! I can't use it and I need the synth tomorrow. I think this is really under par sending no reaction or whatever to be able to fix this.

This is my message that I've sent now for a couple times:
After the Firmware Updater failed (errornessage: "Presets update failed”) the synth keeps showing OS UPDATE. In the manual it says: you can only exit that stage by a "complete power circle”. But when removing all cables for a while the message keeps “OS UPDATE” when plugging in the power cable in again.
What can I do to fix that so I can use it again?
And how to update it?

By the way: I run an Mac mini late 2014 with Monterey.
haroldkuiper

Postby EmioIKuno1 » Mon May 01, 2023 1:17 pm

Salve IK Multimedia team,

do you have any update to this topic?

I´m facing the some issue as haroldkuiper is facing.

I did on the same notebook the same procedure (to V2.01) to update my Uno Synth Desktop.
And now I can´t push any reset/escape button and it´s stuck in the OS Update Mode.
It can´t be so difficult to place a combination like hot key to exit this stage of program part.
Other companies are solving this issue with exit after some time of no feedback from the source.

I hope I get fast reply to my request to the support I would appreciate to get more trust with a tested Update from you Guys before distributing a new Update.
I like your product and idea and I don´t that want that you ends like former Italian Companies, eg., like Crumar, Siel ...

Ciao, ciao

Gianni
EmioIKuno1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 01, 2023 4:14 pm

EmioIKuno1 wrote:Salve IK Multimedia team,

do you have any update to this topic?

I´m facing the some issue as haroldkuiper is facing.

I did on the same notebook the same procedure (to V2.01) to update my Uno Synth Desktop.
And now I can´t push any reset/escape button and it´s stuck in the OS Update Mode.
It can´t be so difficult to place a combination like hot key to exit this stage of program part.
Other companies are solving this issue with exit after some time of no feedback from the source.

I hope I get fast reply to my request to the support I would appreciate to get more trust with a tested Update from you Guys before distributing a new Update.
I like your product and idea and I don´t that want that you ends like former Italian Companies, eg., like Crumar, Siel ...

Ciao, ciao

Gianni

Sorry to hear you are having issues, if you have raised a support ticket like it sounds like you have please check out the guidelines for what to do when you have a ticket that you feel has not been handled to your satisfaction at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 since this forum is not a technical support forum. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth