Can still hear Uno Synth Pro when master volume is down

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Can still hear Uno Synth Pro when master volume is down

Postby wkistler1 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:00 am

If any of my oscillators is at 100%, I can hear it when I play a note, even if the master volume is down. For some presets, like #24 Davelead, the volume knob has practically no effect whether it's at 0 or 100. I can also hear it calibrating when I turn it on and if I'm not actively playing I can hear it recalibrate every few minutes.

Is this normal behavior for this little guy? If not, any idea what might be causing it?
Any help is much appreciated.
wkistler1

Re: Can still hear Uno Synth Pro when master volume is down

Postby wkistler1 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:51 pm

wkistler1

Postby Stromboli8 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:03 pm

Same problem here. its pretty anoying. Wasnt able to find any solution for this yet.
Stromboli8

Postby wkistler1 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:18 am

I tried it today on a demo unit. Same thing. Seems like it's not just my unit? I wonder if this is something that can get fixed in firmware, or if it's going to always be that way.
wkistler1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:14 pm

It might have to do with a few things that our support team can definitely look into with you and get you the proper answer and possible solutions. Please reach out to them for assistance and they will help you. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wkistler1 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:05 pm

Thanks Peter. I appreciate the reply! Any idea how long the queue is for tech support? I've had a ticket in for a few days now, but haven't heard back.
wkistler1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:39 pm

wkistler1 wrote:Thanks Peter. I appreciate the reply! Any idea how long the queue is for tech support? I've had a ticket in for a few days now, but haven't heard back.

You would normally hear back within a couple of business days.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NewIgnis1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:24 pm

Same issues with my brand new Pro Keyboard, but it is only truely annoying when a connection via USB is made. This is regardless whether the power adapter itself is used or not.
The moment the USB is disconnected and connectivity is only using DIN MIDI (which is opto-isolated) no undesired output occurs anymore.

This renders the USB connection practically only useful for firmware updates :? .

I checked if I can get the software editor working via DIN MIDI so I'm not having the USB issues, and this is workable: both software editor and hardware synth can be kept in sync, except when real time changing the parameters on the synth in which case the editor does not update itself. Have I missed something? :?:

In any case I heavily suspect this USB issue being a hardware design flaw :cry: , and not really correctible. I'm using more than ten different hardware synths via USB and none of them have this unmusical behaviour. Luckily there is DIN MIDI as a workable alternative, if not I would have had to return the this rather well sounding device ;)
NewIgnis1

Postby NewIgnis1 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:52 pm

This being said , when connected without USB, and the master volume set at 0, this synth is not silent, but rather produces a very audible -50 dB signal when played. :!:
It makes the Uno hard to use as MIDI controller as long as local control on/off is not foreseen. Do provide at least one of these two remediations please (fully silent at volume 0, or local on/off setting). It's a beautiful machine but it needs some more TLC !!
NewIgnis1

Postby Transistor75 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:48 am

As described above, same issue on my USP Keyboard unit regardless of firmware version starting from V1.0 which was pre-installed on my brand new unit from december 2022 up to V2.0 and V2.0.1

Add a silent mode in firmware update when volume level as set to 0 - i also can hear the calibrating noise in background, oscillator noise bleed and digital noise floor from fx unit (if amount is not set to 0) on my USP Keyboard version without usb connection, power adapter only and TRS connection to interface

Also the digital fx unit has some digital noise/artefacts issue - especially if delay effect is on sync i get a rhythmic digitally distorted signal at at the end of delay (crunch, crunch, crunch- like bit reduction, jitter, ...)

Besides the oscillator bleed i also have a some kind of extended release time of 1-2 seconds audible on longer release times >value 40, it's just audible for some seconds after volume should be 0

Thank you for fixing this in a firmware update of this characterfull and well made sounding synthesizer!
Transistor75

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:15 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It might have to do with a few things that our support team can definitely look into with you and get you the proper answer and possible solutions. Please reach out to them for assistance and they will help you. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth