Unable to get Presets onto Hardware

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Unable to get Presets onto Hardware

Postby Koreyfoss1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:36 am

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm super new to this and can't find anything explaining what this issue could be.

I have followed the instructions from the User's Manual but nothing seems to be working. I bought a bunch of presets and loaded them into the software. I see how to select the preset I like and then select a slot in the Hardware Presets area to add it, I click on "TO HW>" and the description moves to the desired location. Then I click "SEND" at the bottom and it will say "SENDING" at the top. But then, it "finishes" sending, all of the descriptions in the Hardware Presets area go back to blank and nothing changes in the hardware itself. I'm pretty bummed as I just bought these new sounds and they are unusable. Can anyone tell me if maybe there is a setting that is off or something?

Thank you!
Koreyfoss1

Re: Unable to get Presets onto Hardware

Postby UnoSynthPro2 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:17 am

I found the same thing.

I've found the following to work:

1. select your preset on the left
2. click the To HW button
3. click the Send button on the right
4. click the Store button in the upper right

I hope there is a better way but that is the only way I've found to get everything including the name over to the instrument.
UnoSynthPro2

Postby UnoSynthPro2 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:13 pm

Skip that. It didn't work consistently for me. In fact nothing about the editor works consistenly when it comes to getting or sending sounds from what I can gather so far. :roll:
UnoSynthPro2

Postby UnoSynthPro2 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:55 pm

Cant seem to edit posts so sorry for spamming here but did some more experiments.

To get a preset from the Presets tab to the hardware:

1. Select your Category
2. Select your Preset
3. Select the slot you want to send the preset to on the hardware.
4. Click "To HW" button.
5. Click "Send" button.

This has worked consistently for me to get stuff under the Presets tab to the hardware.

Also, in the settings (3 lines, upper right corner) my MIDI settings are:

Soft Thru: ON
PR Change: ON
MIDI Interface: ON
UnoSynthPro2

Postby Koreyfoss1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:25 pm

Thank you so much for trying to help with this. For some reason, when I follow those exact steps, nothing happens. It just says "SENDING" and then everything goes blank again. I changed the settings to match what you had and that didn't work either. This last time, the whole program crashed so I'm sad that I can't get this working! I do appreciate the attempts though! Maybe Sweetwater can help me...
Koreyfoss1

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:30 am

The best route will be, after searching the FAQs on the IKM web site, to contact Technical Support for one to one help.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth