Uno Synth Pro noise

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Synth Pro noise

Postby Matrick540 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:08 am

I picked up an Uno Synth Pro, the smaller desktop version. I get a lot of digital sounding noise in the audio, and it's annoying as heck. I tried different USB power bricks, and using either port (computer USB or aux power USB) and it's the same no matter what I do. I don't want to resort to using a noise gate. Geez, my Stratocaster doesn't make this much noise.

I know I'm not the only one on the planet with this problem, but I can't find a fix for it in Google searches, other than run it on battery power. Ugh, really?

I started going down the rabbit hole of finding a low noise USB power brick, but nothing there either. Everything is pretty well grounded in my studio, although my power bricks don't have a ground pin. I don't want to get into ground loop isolators, but I will if it comes to that. I found ground isolators tend to suck out some of the tone, jumping through a transformer.
Matrick540

Re: Uno Synth Pro noise

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Use balanced cables and note that USB bus noise is not unique to UNO Synth Pro but is usually easily rectified. The Specs page for UNO Synth Pro mentions USB bus noise specifically https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/u ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth