UNO Synth doesn't work with USB Isolator

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth doesn't work with USB Isolator

Postby Arczi979 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:38 am

I want to use Uno Synth with a DAW on my computer. Unfortunately USB connection introduces a lot of noise which makes that kind connection absolutely unusable. Instruction suggests using USB Isolator so I bought one from this link: https://core-electronics.com.au/industr ... lator.html It came today... and it works perfectly fine with my Oculus Quest which needs a good and fast USB connection. Unfortunately UNO Synth doesn't even turn on when it is connected through the USB Isolator. It starts to calibrate only when the switch behind is already in position to power the device from USB and I plug in the cable to a USB port (but after a few blinks it gives an error message). If the cable is already connected to the computer and I change the switch position to power the device from USB - then nothing is happening (there is not even a message about calibration). Simple - UNO Synth doesn't want to work with USB Isolator. What are the other options to use MIDI capabilities of the UNO Synth?
Arczi979

Re: UNO Synth doesn't work with USB Isolator

Postby MarcBecch87 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:07 am

The current output on that isn't high enough. It's listed as having an output of 200mA. In my manual for the uno synth pro it says the minimum is 1500mA (1.5A)
MarcBecch87

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth