UNO Synth Pro - arpeggio over midi setting?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth Pro - arpeggio over midi setting?

Postby 010fBen » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:14 pm

I've had the UNO Synth Pro (Keyboard version) for about a week and It sounds absolutely amazing!

I have a problem though, When sending midi notes to the UNO with the arpeggiator enabled, the arpeggio-notes are being sent back from the midi out port of the UNO causing the arpeggio to stop (due to the "note off" events i guess)

Does anyone know of a way to prevent the arpeggio-notes from being sent over midi?

Or is there any way to disable local keyboard control of the UNO?

Thankful for any pointers
010fBen

Re: UNO Synth Pro - arpeggio over midi setting?

Postby Huddy_IK » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:25 pm

Please check and toggle the the SOFT THRU option on your UNO Synth Pro. This can be accessed via the SETUP button > MIDI > SOFT THRU.

If this does not help, please open up a Support ticket with us to obtain further details.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby 010fBen » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:24 am

Thank you for your reply,

The issue has nothing to do with the SOFT THROUGH option, I am afraid (it is set to off). The problem remains even when connecting the UNO Synth Pro to a DAW using usb-midi. The midi notes sent to the UNO are are not being echoed back but the notes generated by the arpeggiator are.

I'll open a support ticket and re-post the solution here.
010fBen

Postby slow_melody » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:26 am

I'm having the same issue and changing the soft thru setting doesn't resolve.

Did you end up finding a solution for this?
slow_melody

Postby Jernalin980 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:26 am

They have a $400 desktop version with touch keys. With the amount of features this thing has, if it sounds good, I’d say it’s well worth it at that price. Also might be worth it for $650 if it can do round-robin sequencing. There’s lots of modulation, parameter locking, effects, etc going on here. Plus you get a fatar keybed with velocity and after touch. I’d prefer this over a PolyD.
Jernalin980

Postby 010fBen » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:00 pm

Sadly, I did not find a solution for this. Also no standard MIDI Local Control Off Setting is available which is a shame when trying to use the Keyboard version as a master keyboard.

I really wish they could fix this in a firmware update as it seems to be one of the major gripes people have with this otherwise fantastic sounding synth. If you find a working solution please let me know.
010fBen

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth