Expression pedal and X-Vibe

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Expression pedal and X-Vibe

Postby Ravens2741 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:39 pm

I am really having trouble trying to get my Korg EXP-2 expression pedal to work at all in my X-Vibe pedal. I know it's an RTS pedal after looking into it, I've done the claibration, have tried over and over doing lots of different things trying to get this to work, but so far it's been a waste of time. I've followed the manual's instructions to a tee, then tried various experiments, but nada. Also, do you have to set the Learn A and B per patch, or can it be generic, applicable to all patches. I'm only interested in 2 parameters mainly, the Speed and Depth functions. Let me know if any of you guys have gotten an expression pedal to work, any tips you might have as to why mine isn't working. By the way, I know the pedal works because I plugged it into my Yamaha EX-5 and used it to control a parameter in a softsynth, and could actually see it when the GUI reflected its being moved.
Ravens2741

Re: Expression pedal and X-Vibe

Postby Ravens2741 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Problem solved, but not sure why it didn't seem to work yesterday. But for anyone struggling with this it appears that they've coded the X pedals such that if you are using an expression pedal, for each and every patch, if you want to use the expression pedal, you have to go to the page with EXT CTRL, push the Parameter button down, the turn it to "ON". Make sure you've gone to the calibration page too, page 10 in the manual, or it might not read the pedal's movement properly, or at all.

Here's the process for the programming in case anyone else is struggling. When you see the Learn page, push the parameter down once, and Learn A comes up, then set any parameters you want to have at the heel position;press the PRESET encoder with a fast touch; LEARN B come up, make your new settings to where you'd like them when the pedal is pushed to the toe position, and again, quickly push the PRESET button again, then save the patch. Now you'll be able to control any and all parameters you altered between the A and B settings with nice smooth transitions.

As far as I can see, it looks as if for every patch, you have to go and change the pedal setting to on. I think this is something they need to do in an update, such that at least you can choose between having the pedal setting as ON globally or per patch for people who might like to use it on a lot of patches. It'd be one less time consuming step for programming and think I might suggest this to them.
Ravens2741

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth