Uno Pro not connecting to Editor

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Pro not connecting to Editor

Postby Bergfotron » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:05 pm

I have installed firmware 2.0 and the editor. But when I try to connect, the editor is only "wating for Uno". What can be wrong? The Uno is connected to the computer USB, the same way as when I did the FW updates. The editor is version 1.0.
Bergfotron

Re: Uno Pro not connecting to Editor

Postby Bergfotron » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:56 pm

Bergfotron wrote:I have installed firmware 2.0 and the editor. But when I try to connect, the editor is only "wating for Uno". What can be wrong? The Uno is connected to the computer USB, the same way as when I did the FW updates. The editor is version 1.0.

Restarting the computer didn't help.
When disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cord, Windows says "An USB-unit was not recognized" However, updating the firmware, using the same USB-connection, worked flawlessly. I'm running Windows 10.
Bergfotron

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Please check this FAQ if you are seeing "Waiting for UNO..." https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1233
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bergfotron » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please check this FAQ if you are seeing "Waiting for UNO..." https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1233

Doesn't the Uno Synth pro communicate with the computer over USB? Do you need to have midi in and out connected between the synth and the computer?
By the way, in the FAQ you linked to, the Uno Synth Pro is missing.
Bergfotron

Postby Bergfotron » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:47 pm

Got it to work now. It evidently uses MIDI to transfer the data.
However, I'm not sure it really saves my patches when I select Save in the presets pane. Sure it creates a file but it's only 1 kB large and seems to contain the same data no matter what presets I select to save. Is this really the way it should be?
Also, it's unclear wether the Save button saves patches from the library or the hardware.
Bergfotron

Postby Bergfotron » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:43 pm

I think I have figured out how the patches are stored on the computer now. Too bad the manual couldn't inform of these things.
Bergfotron

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth