Uno Synth stereo pass through?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Synth stereo pass through?

Postby mardem1976 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Hey all,

I’m hoping someone can clarify something for me, as I can’t seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I know the uno synth has a stereo input and output that are mono summed, meaning they’ll duplicate the same mono signal for the left and right channels. My question is, does that apply to both mono and stereo sources?

I have a groovebox that outputs stereo. I’d like to daisy chain that into the uno input, so I can play the uno synth while hearing both. Will I hear the stereo signal passed through, along with the mono summed uno audio, or will the uno synth convert the incoming stereo signal to mono?

Thanks for your help!
mardem1976

Re: Uno Synth stereo pass through?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Audio in and out are mono summed per the UNO Synth Specs page:

• Audio Out: Mini-jack 3.5mm stereo (mono summed)
  • Audio In: Mini-jack 3.5mm stereo (mono summed)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mardem1976 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Audio in and out are mono summed per the UNO Synth Specs page:

• Audio Out: Mini-jack 3.5mm stereo (mono summed)
  • Audio In: Mini-jack 3.5mm stereo (mono summed)

Hey Peter,

Thanks - I've seen that, but I guess I'm not understanding what happens specifically in the case of mono sources vs stereo sources.

For example, if I were to input a mono source, I understand that UNO synth will sum the mono source to both the left and right channels, so I'm hearing the same thing from both ears.

But what happens if the source is stereo? Does the UNO synth take the left and right channels, combine them, and play the combined signal in both ears? Or, will the stereo signal pass through untouched?
mardem1976

Postby Atmelcool » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:07 am

the fastest solution would be your experiment to record the signal at the output and subtract the left channel from the right one (turn one relative to the other in antiphase)
Atmelcool

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth