Brand new Uno Drum will not save kits or patterns [Resolved]

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Brand new Uno Drum will not save kits or patterns [Resolved]

Postby jiGGins » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:01 am

I recently purchased and registered a Uno Drum. It shipped without any factory kits or patterns, and it will not even save them. It just displays an error code when I try to save a kit or pattern.

I thought by updating the unit I might get around this problem I cannot update the Uno Drum from Windows 10 because every time I run the firmware updater I get error code: vcruntime140.dll not found

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Visual C+ but I continue to get the error code. When I check the system files in Windows 32 and SysWOW64 folders the file vcruntime140.dll exists in both folders

Any suggestions? I have no access to another PC to run the firmware updater. I purchased this unit thinking it would have the ability to save my kits and patterns but now I am left with a brick.

I am left with a bad taste after purchasing the Uno Drum. It appears there was a batch of these shipped with the same problem which shows poor quality control. Granted if you have the ability to update the unit it will solve the problem but in my case I having problems with this despite having a PC to run the firmware updater. What about those who do not have a PC or Mac, the Uno Drum would potentially remain a brick which needs returning as faulty
jiGGins

Re: Brand new Uno Drum will not save kits or patterns

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

-----------------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jiGGins » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 pm

Customer support got in touch. For anyone else who encounters the same issue of not being able to run the firmware updater due to Windows VC Runtime error I will quote IK Customer Support:

{ Mod Edit: directly quoting replies from Support contravenes the forum guidelines and rules as it could lead to problems on other users' systems. ]

After updating the firmware it is now possible to save patterns and kits, and also retrieve factory patterns
jiGGins

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:17 pm

I am glad that your problem has been sorted out.

-------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues, please contact Technical Support.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth