register used HW product

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: register used HW product

Postby rooblesR9 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:11 pm

i received a reply from IK
"Hardware transfers will not transfer the free/promo software that is included with it. Only the hardware serial # will be transferred.

In order to transfer an IK Multimedia software license to another person, the current rights owner must purchase a "License Transfer Credit" in IK Multimedia's online store."

[mod redacted - unnecessary, also review the rules]. the software is an integral component of the machine. [mod redacted - unnecessary, also review the rules]
rooblesR9

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:54 pm

rooblesR9 wrote:i received a reply from IK
"Hardware transfers will not transfer the free/promo software that is included with it. Only the hardware serial # will be transferred.

In order to transfer an IK Multimedia software license to another person, the current rights owner must purchase a "License Transfer Credit" in IK Multimedia's online store."

[mod redacted - unnecessary, also review the rules]. the software is an integral component of the machine. [mod redacted - unnecessary, also review the rules]

The free software is a bonus (what you are referencing is free/promo software just as the IK Support rep said, not drivers etc) and not at all integral nor required for the operation of the hardware. IK Support will provide drivers and anything that is integral to the hardware, though, you would just need to contact them.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rooblesR9 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:10 pm

"The free software is a bonus (what you are referencing is free/promo software just as the IK Support rep said, not drivers etc) and not at all integral nor required for the"

[mod redacted - please review the rules]
you cant even access firmware updates.
also
the sound libraries are on the drum page as a feature,

i honestly cannot understand how you can promote 'free software' that is dependent on hardware serial numbers like this.
rooblesR9

Postby rooblesR9 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 pm

the added sounds were a prime factor in my buying this device, and now i cannot even use them unless i convince the person i bought it off to throw at least 20 eur in yr direction,

how many software licenses are there anyway?
the sounds are one licence? the editor is another??
rooblesR9

Postby PR325xii » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:27 pm

rooblesR9 wrote:"The free software is a bonus (what you are referencing is free/promo software just as the IK Support rep said, not drivers etc) and not at all integral nor required for the"

that is a weasel take.
you cant even access firmware updates.
also
the sound libraries are on the drum page as a feature,

i honestly cannot understand how you can promote 'free software' that is dependent on hardware serial numbers like this.

I could update firmware without registering, but I do want the drum anthology sounds, can I buy them?
PR325xii

Postby rooblesR9 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:30 pm

how did you firmware?
the manual says it's done through the user area, and i cant access that without H/W registration.
rooblesR9

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:41 pm

Through contacting IK Support. They will guide you on any drivers and firmware update access and information happily. Please contact them.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth