register used HW product

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

register used HW product

Postby aliencrime » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi, I bought second hand "UnoSynth" how can I register the product? says it is registered to another user ....... thank you very much!
SERIAL NUMBER [Mod edit - redacted - as someone-else could steal it]
aliencrime

Re: register used HW product

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:37 pm

The seller has already Registered that number - in order to get any bundled software?

Ideally, he/she needs to do a Licence Transfer to transfer the Serial Number to you.

--------------------
Failing that, Please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to a Support form. Sales Support might be able to help you..

Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby aliencrime » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm

TANKS, ..... ok, but I don't know who the old owner is, the synth is an ex demo, bought an online auction, a year ago .... :cry:
aliencrime

Postby pakmoto » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:34 pm

I am also having the same issue, I'm trying to contact the seller, so hopefully we can get around this issue as right now I feel like I've bought a brick.
pakmoto

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 pm

IK Support would need to assist anybody in this thread with issues. I'm sure they can help figure out how to best get you taken care of. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PR325xii » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:07 pm

Any luck with this? I just got one and I tried registering it to get support because mine does not change drum kits, even with latest firmware :( but the SN is already registered.
PR325xii

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:19 am

PR325xii wrote:Any luck with this? I just got one and I tried registering it to get support because mine does not change drum kits, even with latest firmware :( but the SN is already registered.

You would need to contact IK Support directly. You do not need a registered serial number to open a ticket with them.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PR325xii » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:46 pm

I have a problem where I bought the unit on eBay and it came with the same sounds in all 100 kits, and I can’t download the editor because the serial number I have is already registered :(
PR325xii

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:07 pm

PR325xii wrote:I have a problem where I bought the unit on eBay and it came with the same sounds in all 100 kits, and I can’t download the editor because the serial number I have is already registered :(

Yes, I understood. My post above still stands. You need to contact IK Support and you do not need a serial number to do so...
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PR325xii » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Yes, thanks, I already did, and waiting on their reply. I just clarified because at first I thought the unit was defective, but I can save drum sounds to the kits if modify each one. So it seems it’s just programming.
PR325xii

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:17 pm

PR325xii wrote:Yes, thanks, I already did, and waiting on their reply. I just clarified because at first I thought the unit was defective, but I can save drum sounds to the kits if modify each one. So it seems it’s just programming.

ohhhhhh gotcha! They will be able to sort you for sure then since it doesn't seem to be defective. Nice.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PR325xii » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
PR325xii wrote:Yes, thanks, I already did, and waiting on their reply. I just clarified because at first I thought the unit was defective, but I can save drum sounds to the kits if modify each one. So it seems it’s just programming.

ohhhhhh gotcha! They will be able to sort you for sure then since it doesn't seem to be defective. Nice.

It’s been a week but I have not heard anything from support :(
PR325xii

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Please see the guidelines here explaining what to do in case of a support ticket not being answered to your satisfaction since this forum is not a support forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PR325xii » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:15 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please see the guidelines here explaining what to do in case of a support ticket not being answered to your satisfaction since this forum is not a support forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you.

I posted here because I don’t even know where my ticket is or its status, even the email does not have a link to the ticket, and if it has, it’s kind of hidden because I could not find it…

My unanswered ticket is #9100706

Thanks.
PR325xii

Postby PR325xii » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:30 pm

rooblesR9 wrote:I am now in the same situation, luckily I can easily contact the guy who sold it to me, but this limitation is just dumb.
i have the very drum machine sitting on my desk.

it's also silly in that the SN is just a piece of paper.

It really is, but at least they sent me the software, I can not register it because the paper was lost by the original owner though.
PR325xii

Next

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth