UNO Drum Editor: Save All Default Patterns/Kits?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Drum Editor: Save All Default Patterns/Kits?

Postby Moosetracks » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:32 pm

I see that all 100 kits and patterns are set to something from the factory. This is great, but with no blank slots, it means I'll need to overwrite the defaults in order to create new kits/patterns.

In UNO Drum Editor, the kits and patterns folders are both empty. I know I can go in and save each one, but that's 200 saves, which would be tedious.

My main question is, is there any easy way to save ALL of the default kits/patterns in UNO Drum Editor? Or do they exist as files somewhere at IK (or that someone in the community did)?

My second question is, is there a guide that tells what the default patterns is (e.g. Disco Groove, 4-to-the-floor, Dembow...)? Sure, I'll eventually learn to recognize common patterns just by looking at them, but I'm not there yet. Having a catalog of patterns would be super helpful for a learner like myself to narrow down the 100 patterns to just a handful to audition!
Moosetracks

Re: UNO Drum Editor: Save All Default Patterns/Kits?

Postby VinceWizz2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 pm

Hello!

I don't really care about the factory presets (and there is a download to restore them on the IK site).
But I want to save all the patterns I created, in one shot: not 100 save operations.

--> I did not find that possibility in the manual nor in the UNO DRUM Editor GUI.
It seems you have to manually save each pattern and each kit: 200 Save operations to do every time you want to backup your machine...

Am I missing something?

Thank you!
VinceWizz2

Postby johnhines » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:53 am

Under the User Area for UNO Drum, they now have the program "UNO Drum Factory Preset Installer". This will restore all of the factory presets. Before you can use this utility, you will have to upgrade to Firmware level 1.0.3.

Both items are also available using the Product Manager program as well.
johnhines

Postby VinceWizz2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 am

Hello John!
I have those downloads.
But my concern is the opposite: I have overwritten all factory patterns (I was not interested in them) with mine.
And I want to easily archive my own ones, in one shot.
Today I have to do 100 Save operations in a row to do that: there should be a “Save All” or “Backup” function ?
Cheers
VinceWizz2

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth