UNO SYNTH - Faint note persisting after envelope is done

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO SYNTH - Faint note persisting after envelope is done

Postby damjunk79 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:33 pm

I just bough an Uno Syth, like the sound but am having some problems...

I play a note, when released and the envelopes have stages have finished (closed) i still can hear the same note but at a really low volume.
It is during approximately 10 seconds then it gets cut with a 'high pitch sound (autotuning?)
It is more obvious with cutoff at high value and incread with resonance/drive
If i play with the filter cutoff / oscillators / LFO i can hear the effetct on the sound

It is really annoying and hope it can be solved as overall it is a nice synth that i would like to keep

Firmware 1.1.4
It happens with Powerbank and Batteries, it is more present with batteries.
If connected to computer it is worse because of the added noise problems/ground loop

It seems to be similar to this one:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=23349&p=99238&hilit=bleed#p99238
damjunk79

Re: UNO SYNTH - Faint note persisting after envelope is done

Postby mungewell » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:48 pm

Not able to offer a solution, but interested in understanding what is going on. Is there a particular sound patch which makes this better/worse?

The editor doesn't have an 'init patch', but I prepared one (well attempted to) here:
https://github.com/mungewell/uno-synth- ... tch.unosyp

It would be interesting if this worked, but then the problem re-started after adjusting some parameters.
Cheers,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby mungewell » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:47 am

With that suggested patch (above) and my UnoSynth (v 1.1.4) I can hear a faint lingering tone (same as OSC1) for around 10s, and then it cuts off. Becoming quiet, I do not hear the high pitched tone you mention.

This happens on batteries, but not apparently when powered by a quiet USB power adapter. It may be that the adapter is producing spread spectrum noise which masks the tone, but I don't think so....

The fact that the batteries show a distinct 10s then cut, makes me believe that there is some f/w closing a noise gate. Haven't yet seen where this might be set in a patch, but it also could be a control parameter controlled outside of the patches (there are a few midi accessible ones, which for example store battery type).

Perhaps UNO decided to close the gate sooner with USB power to help control the noise issues people were reporting.
mungewell

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:08 am

Nice efforts here but I would suggest that working with IK Support directly would get more official information and likely get things fixed for you in a quicker fashion.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pluginbug » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:03 am

My uno synth has always had the same problem...I've tried batteries/no batteries/midi cable/usb cable/no data cable at all...I've tried envelope settings/clock settings/lfo settings/all ADSR inside the software editors..... I keep Delay FX mix OFF always.......still that faint note haaaaaaaaaaaaaaangs.

Now I'm getting worried...my purchase was 14 months ago (warranty is 12 months?)

I assumed this would be some setting or firmware fix but now that I'm reading forums about this issue...
no one seems to have ever had a fix :(

Am I missing something?
Pluginbug

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 pm

I don't have this issue, I know many are using UNO Synth with great success and issue-free. Please contact IK Support and I'm sure they can figure out what's happening.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pluginbug » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:16 pm

I did that (& included the copy/paste of what I wrote here) & never heard back.
Pluginbug

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:33 pm

You can Reply to any email form Support, including the auto-acknowledgement, and ask for a progress report / further guidance.

If you wish to escalate the Ticket and feel that it is reasonable to do so, please review the forum Guidelines.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth