Uno Drum does not play patterns or changes kits

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Uno Drum does not play patterns or changes kits

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm

It isn't a hard and fast rule. They may be experiencing a larger than normal volume of tickets. If you feel you have a ticket that has taken longer than you feel is satisfactory and/or is not being handled to your satisfaction please see these guidelines that cover that and more: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperSubGaz » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It isn't a hard and fast rule. They may be experiencing a larger than normal volume of tickets. If you feel you have a ticket that has taken longer than you feel is satisfactory and/or is not being handled to your satisfaction please see these guidelines that cover that and more: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for your response. I will look into doing that right now.
At this moment in time, with the issues that a number of people are clearly having with the uno drum, I can certainly see how their customer support team would be incredibly busy right now.
SuperSubGaz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:25 pm

There are barely any UNO Drum issues in the queue. We just released AmpliTube 5, it is typical around major releases that the queue is longer.

Edit - I had them find your ticket. You should have a response soon. Thanks
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperSubGaz » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There are barely any UNO Drum issues in the queue. We just released AmpliTube 5, it is typical around major releases that the queue is longer.

Edit - I had them find your ticket. You should have a response soon. Thanks

Thank you for that information. I take some comfort from know that the numerous people on this thread and the post on Facebook that catalogues numerous customers experiences with the same problem are in a minority in relation to the experiences of people who have AmpliTube 5.

I honestly do look forward to the response from customer support and hope that it isn’t just them asking me to check the midi settings or requesting that I send the second unit back as I’ve had to do with the first one.
SuperSubGaz

Postby Makina Girgir » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:12 pm

Same here.
Ordered one from Thomann before Xmas holidays.
Unit with no kit and no pattern inside.
Have tried anything: firmwares, different soundbanks.. NOTHING
Also waiting for an answer from IK.. Also NOTHING so far.. (tiket opened the 15th of december ^^)
Makina Girgir

Postby SuperSubGaz » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:28 pm

Amazon are now sending me my 3rd unit in 6 days. I have had ‘a’ response from IK Support and am now waiting on further communication from them.
SuperSubGaz

Postby Baron Scruffington » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm

I've just archived this thread.

All people want is acknowledgement that there is a problem and that you've got a team fixing it.

I'm waiting for a courier to collect the replacement unit well known large UK online musical retailer sent me.
large online musical retailer tested a unit in their warehouse today (after I reported my replacement having the same fault as the first one). The one they tested also has the same (completely isolated yet remarkably so similar you could say identical) fault as both of mine, and all the other (completely isolated yet remarkably similar) faults in the multiple units each described by other posters in this (no doubt soon to be memory holed) thread.

Large online musical retailer isn't even trying to replace them now, they're going immediately to refunds.
Baron Scruffington

Postby afx221 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:02 pm

I've also submitted a ticket for the same issue (received a unit today) and I'll give it a few working days before a refund. The issues I have found are (on latest firmware):

• No preset drum kits available
  • Saving a kit or a pattern doesn't work and results in 'Err' message
  • I can input patterns in Song mode, but nothing is heard (could be failing to load from memory)
  • Cannot load downloaded kits/factory kit from the resources section - the loader reports it's successful but nothing changes on the unit

A workaround for patterns and kits is to use the drum editor to save and load (not store) files, but it's pretty useless if I can't chain them together in Song mode :cry:

There's no debug/device messages to suggest why it might be failing, so I suspect it's a hardware issue. I've also checked the MIDI Sync option settings are 'INT'

This is very disappointing given it sounds lovely. This sort of internal fault should have been tested before shipping the units initially.

I hope there's some news on it soon :geek:
afx221

Postby rustamh » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 pm

[removed - please review the forum rules both generally and specifically the ones about moderation before posting again]
rustamh

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Any acknowledgement of an issue you have will be in your support ticket and the IK Support team will resolve any issues they find and recreate.

If an issue is found with any batch of units, it will be handled appropriately, of course. And yes, the support queue is longer due to AmpliTube 5 and not UNO Drum issues even though I understand your frustration with the issue you are having might make you feel that way. Your issues are just as important as others, though, I assure you.

Since this thread has had to be cleaned up of unnecessary (and rule-violating) material countless times, and everybody who needs assistance should have opened a ticket by now, it will be locked.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:23 pm

I did hear back that the team (not just support) is reviewing this matter and will have some news ASAP.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Update if you have not yet heard from IK Support. They are aware of some units having issues. The official IK Support response below:

Unfortunately, our team has confirmed that a small batch of UNO Drum units have been shipped with incorrect programming.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and we want to assure you that our team is actively working on a new Firmware Updater that will correct this behavior. We anticipate this update to be available by the end of next week. Please keep an eye out on your User Area for this update.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/firmware/

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:56 pm

A new firmware update for the UNO Drum has been released in the IK Product Manager!

Under the "Hardware" tab in the IK Product Manager, please locate your UNO Drum. The download will be available under the "Drivers" tab.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth