Uno Drum does not play patterns or changes kits

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Uno Drum does not play patterns or changes kits

Postby EvanYV » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:51 pm

But what if I bought from an official website? ...
Send back at whose expense?

That's where you'll have to dig in to the return policy from the vendor you bought if from (in my case it's Thomann.de). I'll be returning my unit as defective. I've used Thomann.de in the past and they send me a return label, via email, for Deustche Post or UPS. I already returned a made in USA PRS to them because when I plugged it in that sucker was humming and buzzing.

All bets are off for 2020
EvanYV

Postby rustamh » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Well, I'll wait until a response from the support and there will argue)))
rustamh

Postby rvangeenen » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:57 pm

Same issue here. I've contacted support. I'll let the issue rest until I receive a response. It's disappointing. As some others have expressed in this topic, I too was hoping to spend some of my free time around the holidays pairing up the UNO drum and synth and experimenting. This is already the second drum unit I received. The first one had an issue w/ the battery compartment.

Fortunately I also play guitar and bass, so I'll manage to pass my time. Just not the way I had planned. :-)
rvangeenen

Postby UnoDrummer909 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 pm

Had my replacement Uno Drum delivered, and it did EXACTLY the same thing as the first one I got
= no kits or patterns stored, nothing plays when the demo is started and I cannot save any kits or patterns ('Err' is shown on the display).

Still not heard from IK, so it's likely I'll send this one back and get a different product
= shame, as the Uno Drum would be very useable if it worked.
UnoDrummer909

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:55 pm

If you've been waiting for a while and are posting with an existing ticket, please read these guidelines if you'd like further assistance: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperSubGaz » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:59 am

I’ve got exactly the same issue here! I bought mine from Amazon and it was delivered today. I’ve tried it out but I can say that my problem is exactly the same as has been described. I’ve submitted a ticket for a response so I’m hoping IK will get this sorted quickly!
SuperSubGaz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:14 am

SuperSubGaz wrote:I’ve got exactly the same issue here! I bought mine from Amazon and it was delivered today. I’ve tried it out but I can say that my problem is exactly the same as has been described. I’ve submitted a ticket for a response so I’m hoping IK will get this sorted quickly!

Have you tried setting the Sync setting that is mentioned in the IK FAQs? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1154
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperSubGaz » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 am

Peter_IK wrote:
SuperSubGaz wrote:I’ve got exactly the same issue here! I bought mine from Amazon and it was delivered today. I’ve tried it out but I can say that my problem is exactly the same as has been described. I’ve submitted a ticket for a response so I’m hoping IK will get this sorted quickly!

Have you tried setting the Sync setting that is mentioned in the IK FAQs? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1154

Hello,

I have tried this procedure for the third separate time now and it makes absolutely no difference at all.

I’m grateful that you have responded to my post on here because it is now over 24 hours since I submitted a ticket through to IK support and I have had no response from anyone other than yourself.

Having read some of these other posts, I’m starting to feel like this is a problem that IK want to close their eyes and ears too and hope that it just goes away all of its own accord. I haven’t written a review for the product on the Amazon site yet but I feel that I’m being give little option other than to write a negative one regarding the quality and experience that I’ve received from IK.
SuperSubGaz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:37 pm

IK Support will typically respond within about two business days, so I'm not surprised your ticket is not answered yet. I'm sure they will be able to assist you and get you up and running when they do.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperSubGaz » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:46 pm

Peter_IK wrote:IK Support will typically respond within about two business days, so I'm not surprised your ticket is not answered yet. I'm sure they will be able to assist you and get you up and running when they do.

Quick question to all the others who have posted on this thread...

Has anyone received support from IK that has resolved this issue with their equipment?

I’m asking because I’m trying to hold on to some hope that this matter will be resolved.
SuperSubGaz

Postby SuperSubGaz » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Right...

I’ve just had a second unit delivered to me by Amazon... and it does exactly the same thing as my first unit and others belonging to the contributors to this thread.

This really isn’t good...
There’s faulty units being shipped out and no one appears to be taking responsibility for this.

I’m really not happy now.
SuperSubGaz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:52 pm

Again, IK Support will take responsibility for any issue. I'll bet there's something that can be handled with existing units (setting, firmware, etc) and anybody with the issue will be happy.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperSubGaz » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Again, IK Support will take responsibility for any issue. I'll bet there's something that can be handled with existing units (setting, firmware, etc) and anybody with the issue will be happy.

My issue is not with yourself. At this moment in time, you appear to be the only person responding.

I would like to believe that you are right. However a previous poster explained how he was asked by IK Support to return his unit. I’ve done exactly that of my accord and now have a second unit with the same issue.

It would not appear that this is a matter that can be fixed in the manner you have said, or else IK support wouldn’t have asked for the unit(s) to be returned.

It’s now coming to the end of the second working day and I’ve no official response from IK support.

This really isn’t looking good.

Would you advise that I ask Amazon to send me a third replacement unit in a lack of response from IK support and take my chances that a third unit will be fine? :/
SuperSubGaz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:05 pm

Not every issue that appears to be the same ends up being exactly the same. This is seen every day by the support team. I make no advisement at all except to work with IK Support as I am not on the support team nor is this forum an official medium for technical support so it wouldn't really be a great idea to get tech support from me for that reason anyway aside from the suggestion made above, based on FAQ information.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SuperSubGaz » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:IK Support will typically respond within about two business days, so I'm not surprised your ticket is not answered yet. I'm sure they will be able to assist you and get you up and running when they do.

I’m now 2 hours away from the two business days being up.
Who do I need to speak to to get this matter pushed forward?
SuperSubGaz

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth