Uno Drum does not play patterns or changes kits

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Drum does not play patterns or changes kits

Postby EvanYV » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:44 pm

I just bought the UNO Drum and as a stand alone (hardware only) it will not play patterns or change kits. It's like they aren't even there. Yes, it's make sounds when I tap pads and will change the sound of the selected drum when SOUND is selected. I have been able to get the UNO Drum to communicate with the Drum Editor but do not see patterns or kits there either.

I made a pattern/beat on the hardware went to hit save and got ERR message. I thought I would try Demo mode and hit play and it reads dEN with all the sequencer numbers lit up and nothing.

When I hit play on a pattern - I get an orange LED that just lights up 1-16 on the sequencer sequentially but no pattern plays.

I upgraded to the latest firmware as well.

So long story longer has anyone experienced this? Am I missing something (besides my brain)?

Contacted IK and got a response mostly about the UNO Synth which I also own and have had no problems with that.

UnoDrum [#8565346]

Anyone else?
EvanYV

Re: Uno Drum does not play patterns or changes kits

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 pm

Sounds like you might have Sync set to EXT. Please check this FAQ which may help with that: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1154
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby EvanYV » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:49 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sounds like you might have Sync set to EXT. Please check this FAQ which may help with that: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1154

The sync is set to Internal on the UNO Drum. Still no preset patterns or kits.
EvanYV

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:29 pm

I would recommend replying to IK Support that the initial reply did not resolve your issue and they'll work with you to fix it. That's the only thing that sounded familiar about your situation to me (the sync setting).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rustamh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:36 pm

Today has received the Uno Drum and faced with the same problem.
rustamh

Postby EvanYV » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:03 pm

rustamh wrote:Today has received the Uno Drum and faced with the same problem.

I have a support ticket in and will post the results here, if any.
EvanYV

Postby rustamh » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:45 pm

I also made a support request, but there was no response yet. I think I should try to flash it with the previous version of the firmware, but I don't have it.
rustamh

Postby UnoDrummer909 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Got my Uno Drum today and it's doing the exact same thing as yours.
No sounds when playing the demo, no kits or patterns are stored in the box and if I save a kit or pattern I get 'Err' on the screen.

I've contacted support, but it'll be after Xmas until I get a response I guess........

Awesome little box this is, just isn't behaving!

Cheers.
UnoDrummer909

Postby rustamh » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:08 am

Hello! does anyone have news from support or will start to stir only after the holidays .....
rustamh

Postby UnoDrummer909 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:19 pm

This is really infuriating, and doesn't look good on IK.

My Uno Drum was delivered on 23rd Dec as the shop I bought it from has some new stock in, so if this is brand new stock why does it not work properly, and why have I still no answer as to why it doesn't function properly!!!!!

I do not use a PC in my music making so I need to be able to save my kits/patterns as per the instruction manual, so to get 'Err' and not be able to save means I lose all my stuff every time I turn it off.

I'm in lockdown and have some time off work so I can spend some time making music, so I'm very angry that I've bought a brand new drum machine that is broken.
UnoDrummer909

Postby BWookBe » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Received the uno drum for christmas and got the same problem.
Did anyone get an answer from IK support ?
BWookBe

Postby rustamh » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:20 pm

There is no answer from them.
rustamh

Postby EvanYV » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:29 am

My back and forth with IK support has ended with me being advised to return the unit to the vendor for a new one. I also picked this up to mix things up during lock down so while frustrating it's not driving me to the brink of madness but it also isn't making me all warm and fuzzy over IK's QC. If my vendor doesn't have stock I may have to up the dosage of my next gin and tonic.
EvanYV

Postby rustamh » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:52 pm

But what if I bought from an official website? ...
Send back at whose expense?
rustamh

Postby rustamh » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:56 pm

I think our problem lies in the chip which is responsible for memory .. Of course if there is one. Until you open it you don't know ..
rustamh

Next

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth