Firmware Updater "Wrong Paths" Error

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Firmware Updater "Wrong Paths" Error

Postby geoffpynn » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:47 pm

I just received my UNO Synth and ran the firmware updater on my Mac (OS 11.0.1). It recognizes the UNO. When I press "Update," the synth goes into "UPd" mode, but I get a popup window that says "Warning: wrong paths". If I click "OK," the updater runs for a little while, then says "Cannot enter Bootloader Mode. Restart the program." When I do that, the Updater does not recognize the UNO synth; I have to turn it off and on again to get it out of UPd mode. Then we are back at the beginning.

Any suggestions? :?: :D
geoffpynn

Re: Firmware Updater "Wrong Paths" Error

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Hello geoffpynn and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rustamh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:40 pm

you have something with a cable, I had it on Windows, try another port again.
rustamh

Postby ElectricForest21 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:26 am

Is there a fix for this yet? I just got the Uno synth and I'm having the same issue. I'll probably just end up returning it because I've tried everything and nothing seems to work.
ElectricForest21

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:13 pm

ElectricForest21 wrote:Is there a fix for this yet? I just got the Uno synth and I'm having the same issue. I'll probably just end up returning it because I've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

This isn't a global bug. If you are having trouble updating firmware, please consult our IK Support team who would be happy to help figure out what is happening for you. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mwlcarter » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:25 pm

I just ran into this error. Thankfully resolved fairly easily. I had first installed it to my Google Drive and got the Wrong Paths error. I copied it to my Windows Downloads directory on drive C: and ran it from there, and it worked without any issues.
mwlcarter

Postby SvenGluek123 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:47 pm

Hi, I got my new Pro Dekstop today and the Update-App keeps saying "Cannot enter Bootloader Mode". After click on UPDATE: Wrong paths.
I tried:
- Starting the App from different folders and different drives.
- Connecting the synth with both, USB to PC and the other USB port plucked to an USB Power Adapter
- Trying a totally different Win 10 PC
- Trying different USB cables
- Trying the "OS UPDATE" function in the setup menue of the Synth
- Trying different orders of starting the App and plucking the Synth to USB
- Banging my head againbst the wall (only helped briefly)

I had upgraded dozens of musical gear in my life (Synths, Groovevoxes an whatnot), but this "Cannot enter Bootloader Mode" is killing me.
SvenGluek123

Postby SvenGluek123 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:41 pm

Still not able to do the firmware upgrade after trying two more USB cables :cry:

In the manual it says:

OS UPDATE
Sets UNO Synth Pro in FW update mode. You can exit this stage only with a complete power circle, disconnecting all the cables from the units.

What is this supposed to do? Do I need to turn this on? And why does the UNO Synth Firmware Updater keep saying "Cannot enter Bootloader Mode", even when this setting is turned on?
SvenGluek123

Postby SvenGluek123 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:27 pm

The case is solved. I tried to update my Uno Synth Pro with the Uno Synth Updater (without Pro). I did not know, that I had to register the Synth, and that the Pro Version needs a different Updater.

All in all it was my fault (obviously), but man how hard can it be not to make things most difficult and confusing. A little notice in the download area would have saved me an evening of pain.
SvenGluek123

Postby coolhwip » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:38 pm

Hi

I have a UNO syth pro X

I am having the same problem ie Bootloader/Wrong Path problem with the Updater

What do you mean re a different Updater as In use the one from the website? And if it is different where to I get it from?

Cheers
coolhwip

Postby nastynate13 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:27 pm

Same errors as above and same question as above. Where is this other firmware updater for the Pro X?
nastynate13

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth