Is it worth getting an IK Multimedia UNO Synth for beginner

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Is it worth getting an IK Multimedia UNO Synth for beginner

Postby rubasrosh47 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Hey, I found an excellent condition used IK Multimedia UNO Synth for 100 euros. Is it a good choice for first hardware synth for a beginner? Thanks
rubasrosh47

Re: Is it worth getting an IK Multimedia UNO Synth for begin

Postby zurlocker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:26 am

Yes, it's a fun synth for a beginner. I bought mine slightly used and it's a good deal. Make sure you get the serial number / registration process etc. There's a lot you can do with it and it has 100 built-in synth patches with various sounds and arpeggios already programmed. So its fun to experiment with. But, like with any instrument there is a learning curve. The videos are pretty important to learn how to use it. And of course, it doesn't have every feature in the world, but it does have a lot of bang for the buck and I think the presets are pretty cool. The keyboard is better than you might think and the nobs provide some good experimentation. Have fun with it!
zurlocker

Postby darkogav » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:20 am

I haven't used one. But I see its listed as $120 USD here and on sale on their site. That should be a lot less than $100 EU.
darkogav

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Not quite.

The price number is the same in $ and in €. Then add the VAT (which the Government gets, not IK Multimedia)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth