Noise problem

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Noise problem

Postby scritchy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Hello,

I got my UNO yesterday, and I hear ground noises in my headphones (which dont have integrated mic). I run my UNO on batteries (no USB cable). I made the latest firmware update.
The noise is related to the numbers displayed on the screen (more numbers = more noises, there are less noises when 1 is displayed)
How can I fix this ? I know that im not alone because I saw people with the same problem on this forum

Thanks for your help
scritchy

Re: Noise problem

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:11 pm

Please see the UNO Synth Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/u ... hp?p=specs for more information about typical sources of noise (usually USB/bus noise) and is not unique to UNO Synth but common to many/most pieces of pure analog gear. If you continue to have noise issues, you can contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support who can troubleshoot more directly.

But 99.9% of the time it is USB bus noise and/or dirty mains power noise.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Noise problem

Postby scritchy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:47 am

Thanks for your reply.
It is strange because I don't use USB cable, and the ground noise intensity changes depending on what is displayed on the screen.
But maybe it is normal ?
I noticed that when I turn the volume knob to the max, the sound disappear. But I can't always play synth with the max volume.... :lol:
scritchy

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth