UNO Synth - Paraphonic...?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth - Paraphonic...?

Postby aksarhils53 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:54 am

So, as you may know, I've been tinkering trying to fully understand the inner workings of the UNO synth and discussions around other Paraphonic synths has me asking questions...

Reasons UNO might be considered paraphonic:

1). The two OSC can be tuned up/down by 12 semitones, this lets us play simple tones 24 semitones apart.

2). This tuning can be controlled externally via CCs [edit] 17 and 18 (respectively)

3). OSC tuning can be sequenced with internal sequencer, so at the same time that a 'note on' is set the tuning for the OSCs can be set/altered.

I don't yet know whether the envelopes (VCA or VCF) can be retriggered separately, and (obviously) the two OSC share them. The VCF has a key-track function (only accessible via editor or CC 106) as a 0-200% value, but this is not sequencible.
aksarhils53

Re: UNO Synth - Paraphonic...?

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:58 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one advice. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: UNO Synth - Paraphonic...?

Postby mungewell » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:56 am

Hi,
I also got quite in depth with my Uno Synth - although I have not played much recently (shame on me).

I spent a while reverse engineering the patch format and found some useful (??) trick to do with SysEx commands.
https://github.com/mungewell/uno-synth-utils

My script may answer some of your questions, or perhaps you can explain what the 'Unknowns' actually do...
Simon.
mungewell

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth