UNO vs Drumbrute Impact - best drum machine for my setup?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO vs Drumbrute Impact - best drum machine for my setup?

Postby ehanpaul8 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 am

in a few weeks when i get my first pay check i’m looking at a modest drum machine/synth set up. i was dead set on the drumbrute impact and the korg volca bass to start off with. i’m still very set on the volca bass, but i’ve seen a lot of good reviews with the IK UNO drum machine. very unsure which one to choose between, any suggestions?
ehanpaul8

Re: UNO vs Drumbrute Impact - best drum machine for my setup

Postby dokbrown » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:52 pm

UNO DRUM vs drumbrute.
I honestly rec you buy both & commit to only keeping 1. when it comes to hardware, its not just the sound but the experience. You will only truly know if you try each 1 for 40-80 hours for yourself. Utube reviews are good but experience is everything.
MY EXPERIENCE [NOT YOURS]
I dug the volca sound but those tiny knobs ruined the experience for me.; I sold my volca beats 2-3 months on ebay after I bought it. IF KORG had put the volca sound engines in a proper box with useable knobs, they would have made magic. Unless u need real analog, I rec the new electribe 2 over the volcas. The e2 easily takes the places of 3-5 volcas & can export to ableton.

The volca beats makes me appreciate my UNO drum even more. When I start to complain about my UNO DRUM, I think about the volca beats tiny knobs & smile.

My rec:
a] as a standalone unit, I rec the drumbrute for the real pads & sequencer.
Arturia has created quite the experience, particularly if you use the multiple outs with a proper mixing board & FX: reverb,delay, etc.
b] if you have an akai MPC or proper sequencer/sampler, I rec the UNO.
The UNO has more sound variety/PCM but the pads suck.
The single 1/8 audio out makes muting/sampling essential.
dokbrown

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth