IK Uno Synth 2.5mm midi in to 3.5mm midi out

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

IK Uno Synth 2.5mm midi in to 3.5mm midi out

Postby cesar2807 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:24 am

I have a Launchkey mini mk3 with MIDI OUT TRS 3.5mm i want to connect with UNO SYNTH MIDI IN 2.5mm.

Launchkey 3.5mm midi out -------- Uno synth 2.5mm midi in

Can i use a 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable???????? both are midi TRS...

Please help me both are TRS...
cesar2807

Re: IK Uno Synth 2.5mm midi in to 3.5mm midi out

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Hello cesar2807 and welcome to the forum.

I found your post here too. :)
https://www.midi.org/forum/6296-midi-out-3-5mm-to-midi-in-2-5mm-trs-3-5mm-to-2-5mm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem, but without directly quoting any correspondence from Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: IK Uno Synth 2.5mm midi in to 3.5mm midi out

Postby albertpauw » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:10 pm

There are two different TRS midi usages, TRS-A and TRS-B.

As far as I can see both devices adhere to the TRS-A standard, so a straight 2.5mm <-> 3.5mm cable should work fine, as far as I can see.
albertpauw

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth