record sound unosynth without noise generated by usb power

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

record sound unosynth without noise generated by usb power

Postby jackgz » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Dear all,

I want to record the sound of uno synth with my daw (Logic Pro).
as you know, when the synth is power by usb, it generated more noise and interference.
For reduce this problem I read in the user manual this, as quote:
"With the direct computer connection, you can reduce the usb ground noise and other interference by either using a usb isolator or a custom try cable into a balanced input on your preamp or audio interface where the ground is not connected at the balanced input side".

Anybody has any link to buy the cable or usb isolator that work well with unosynth and resolve this problem?

thank you so much
jackgz

Re: record sound unosynth without noise generated by usb pow

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:51 pm

You can also use battery power or a USB powerbank if you do not need to be connected via USB for the Editor or similar (as UNO Synth does not pass audio at all over USB and also has standard MIDI jacks via the included cables for MIDI control).

EDIT - Any isolator should work well, but I asked Support and they stated that this is a good option https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isol ... onditioner
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth