Keystep/ UNO MIDI Sync Issue

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Keystep/ UNO MIDI Sync Issue

Postby Edwmoore » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:10 am

Hi, Wondering if anyone can offer some advice. I hope this makes sense.

I am controlling an UNO Synth with a Keystep and looping guitar with a Pigtronix Infinity that is synced to the Keystep. I'm able to control the UNO with the Keystep, and also sync the UNO to other synths and the looper. Everything works fine if I use the onboard sequencer on the UNO.

The problem is when I use the Keystep sequencer to control the UNO, the guitar looper will not stay on record mode for more than a beat or two. It just stops recording. If I leave the same sequence running and change MIDI channels to my Volca Keys, the looper is fine and will record loops. The Volca and UNO are both running into the same MIDI thu box. The Keystep is set to internal MIDI clock and the UNO is set to external MIDI.

It seems that something about the UNO is preventing the looper from syncing to the MIDI clock of the Keystep. Any help is appreciated.
Edwmoore

Re: Keystep/ UNO MIDI Sync Issue

Postby Edwmoore » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 am

... when i do finally get the guitar looper to record while the Keystep is sequencing the UNO, the guitar notes on the looper are garbled and all over the place during playback. This doesn't happen at all when the Keystep is sequencing Volcas.
Edwmoore

Re: Keystep/ UNO MIDI Sync Issue

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Since other users haven't chimed in for a bit, I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so, so you can get official and direct technical assistance from the team. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth