unosynth + irigkeys i/o

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

unosynth + irigkeys i/o

Postby jackgz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:40 am

dear all.

I bought uno synth many months ago.
this week I bought also irigkeys I/o.
I want to control my unosynth by irigkeys with midi.
but I can't to do.
anybody can explain to me , to set the right steps to control my unosynth by irig keys?

thank you so much .
jackgz

Re: unosynth + irigkeys i/o

Postby bobvoi » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:52 am

Have you tried to use the UNO Synth Editor, and fiddling with the MIDI-parameters? As long as the MIDI keyboard registers normally with your computer, you should be able to see it in the MIDI In-section in the UNO Synth Editor, and you should be able to control the synth instantly. Another route is to goa via a DAW like Ableton Live and control the ins and outs of MIDI there.
bobvoi

Postby jackgz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:24 pm

I tried to fidding parameters in unosynth editor,the editor see my Keys, but I didn't no response on my irig keys when I play it.
I believe that i insert in editor or in mykeys the incorect set up. please let me know the correct set up to use.

also I use Logic Pro , no Ableton.
but I want in the first case use without any daw.

thanks and best regards
jackgz

Postby bobvoi » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:14 pm

This is how I connect my MIDI keyboard Joué Board directly to UNO Synth via the UNO Synth Editor; https://www.vcode.no/files/HowToConnectMIDIKeyboardToUNOSynth

Hope this helps.
bobvoi

Postby jackgz » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 am

great!!!!you're a king! 8-)
I play my unosynth with my key!

I believed that to connect the cable midi to uno synth with key for to play! ^_^

also I will tried a correct configure knob and pad in keys.for me it will be very difficult.
But I will try!
:mrgreen:
jackgz

Postby bobvoi » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 am

Glad you got it to work!

Regarding getting all the knobs, faders and so forth working, it is all about getting the grip of the MIDI implementation. First and foremost you need to know how UNO Synth implements MIDI, and that you find at the end of the the manual here https://download.ikmultimedia.com/plugins/Manuals/UNOSynth/UNO_Synth_User_Manual.pdf .

IF your keyboard doesn't do exactly what you want (say, you want knob A to control the Filter Cutoff knob on the synth), you need some way of translating (or "map") the MIDI message from your keyboard before it reaches the UNO Synth. This can be normally accomplished with software like Ableton Live where you can do the mapping there. Ideally you should be able to bring up the UNO Synth Editor as a VST plugin, and simply enter Ableton's MIDI mapping mode, where you click on the control in the editor you want to control (such as Filter Cutoff) and then click on the physical knob on your keyboard. Volia - the MIDI mapping is finished. BUT ... Unfortunately the VST implementation of the UNO Synth Editor has some issues where it only has one MIDI connection, and since Ableton "takes" this at Ableton-startup, the VST UNO Synth Editor will end up in a neverending "WAITING FOR UNO"-state. This kind of mapping isn't therefore straight forward.

*Perhaps* you can get tools like MIDI Translator Pro (https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator) to do the MIDI mapping for you, if you just want to work with the MIDI keyboard and the UNO Synth - without blending in the DAW.

Good luck and please report back how you solve things!
bobvoi

Postby jackgz » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Yes, I will tell you when I try that.
But I don't use Ableton but logic pro x.

TO plug in unosynth editor in logic I had the same problem that you have in Ableton.
I TRY again and I'LL let you know if I resolve the problem.
jackgz

Postby XTN-LCH » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:12 am

:D :D :D
XTN-LCH

Postby jackgz » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:50 pm

XTN-LCH wrote::D :D :D

what?
did you play unosynth with keyboard without software?
jackgz

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth