UNO Synth Firmware Upgrade Suggestions

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth Firmware Upgrade Suggestions

Postby Md2323 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:46 am

I have been using my UNO synth for about 10 months and like it a lot. It’s very robust for the price and has a number of great 303-like qualities. It’s better than 303 clones in many ways but one improvement it could use is to add pattern chaining. Maybe you could park it in the Alt menu and assign another black key on the note key section to enter pattern chain mode. In future production runs, the word “CHAIN” could appear on the key assigned to chaining. When in Chain mode, you could hit the record button to write your chain and select patterns in the order you want for them to play. Advance by hitting the play button.

Chaining is the only thing that the UNO needs to be a real 303 killer. I’m no product engineer but would this be an easy upgraded?

Also, have you ever considered adding a transpose function? It would be nice to change the pitch of a pattern with the touch of a button.

One last idea: In future runs, offer an aluminum chassis (for a higher price).
Md2323

Re: UNO Synth Firmware Upgrade Suggestions

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:12 pm

I would recommend putting these in the official UNO Synth Wishlist thread in this forum (should be a sticky). Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth