IOS: UNO synth not responding to USB MIDI keyboard

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

IOS: UNO synth not responding to USB MIDI keyboard

Postby joakim_moller » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:48 am

I love the sound of this little synth!

But: the Uno synth is not responding to my MIDI keyboard through USB, only through regular MIDI cable connected directly. I can´t figure out why.

Everything is working fine through the same USB connection when using the iOS editor on my iPad, the Uno responds. I also have no problems controlling other synth apps on my iPad using the same setup. If I connect the Uno and keyboard directly using a regular MIDI cable everything works fine for some reason, so there should be no issues with MIDI channels.

Sure, I could use regular MIDI but I have built my setup around USB, everything (iPad, audio interface, MIDI keyboard...) going into a powered USB-hub, really would like to be able to control the Uno using it.

Any help welcome, happy holidays!

Regards,
Joakim
joakim_moller

Re: IOS: UNO synth not responding to USB MIDI keyboard

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi, that doesn't sound right. Since other users have not chimed in with suggestions, it would be a good idea to open a support ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for official IK support if you have not done so already. I'm sure they can figure out what is going on.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joakim_moller » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:02 am

Thanks, will do!

/J
joakim_moller

Postby ruanlegrange » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:12 pm

Hey guys

I have the same problem here. I use an Axiom keyboard that works fine with most other software synths (plug n play) but I can't get it to control Syntronik?

The Mac keyboard board works ok BTW and I have sound on my DAW that way.

Let me know what I can do to make it work?

Thanks
Ruan
ruanlegrange

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, that doesn't sound right. Since other users have not chimed in with suggestions, it would be a good idea to open a support ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for official IK support if you have not done so already. I'm sure they can figure out what is going on.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nastynate13 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:41 pm

I'm noticing the same issue with the UNO Synth Pro X - midi over breakout cable works fine, but it does not respond to MIDI over USB. Is there a solution?
nastynate13

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth