USB cable incompatibilities?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

USB cable incompatibilities?

Postby Ramunas » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:16 am

So i encountered very strange thing with UNO and id like to know more about this case from IKM.

To start off, the included cable is quite short and due to Uno placement i needed a longer micro usb cable to attatch to my computer. I have 3 of them (including one from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge), but with all of them i encountered strange behaviour.

With one of them i am able to connect UNO and it shows its connected but i cannot control via editor.
With other too, i can connect the uno, i can control UNO via editor but if i move knobs or any other touch controls there is no feedback on Editor.

Only original (which is too short unfortunetly) works as it should be.

IK Multimedia Team, maybe you could give me some thoughs why this is happening and if i have to get a new usb cable in what specifications i should be looking at?
Ramunas

Re: USB cable incompatibilities?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Some generic cables may not work. For example if a cable is meant only for charging that may not transfer data correctly, or vice-versa. Normally, most USB cables should work, though. If you need more in-depth technical troubleshooting or data you may want to reach out to IK Support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth