VST Editor Integration

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

VST Editor Integration

Postby AlMagnifico » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi
I've got the following problem with the UNO Synth: I want to integrate it in my DAW and play it with my master keyboard. I also want to use the UNO sequencer and arpeggiator, so I need MIDI Clock Sync from the DAW. The Synth is connected via USB.
I could either not use the Editor, just activate the UNO Synth IN and OUT MIDI drivers in the DAW and record from UNO Synth IN (the knob tweakings) and the keyboard IN and route the DAW track MIDI out and MIDI clock from the DAW into UNO Synth OUT. Everything is working fine, as expected. But then I cannot use the Editor software in my DAW.
Or I load the Editor-VST into my DAW and have all the advantages of the Editor, but then I cannot activate the UNO Synth MIDI ports in the DAW and hence cannot route MIDI sync into the UNO Synth and also cannot record the knob tweakings.
I wonder why the plug-in not just uses the VST Host In and Out MIDI to avoid the port conflict. Any Ideas?
AlMagnifico

Re: VST Editor Integration

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:16 pm

I'm not sure why you're running into this issue but I'd suggest reaching out to official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to make sure what you're running into is indeed not possible as they'd be able to step you through any known issue/setup.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AlMagnifico » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Hi Peter,
if I thought this issue would be a personal one, related only to my personal setup I'd surely did so. And of course I could paste the link to this thread into the support form and eventually get an answer. But I think I am not alone with that use case and I'd prefer to see an answer here in the forum because that would be a helpful resource for other users who run into the same dilemma. Well, I'll ask the support anyway and will post their answer here, for the record, but I'd like to state that this is not exactly what I thought a support forum is supposed to be. :roll:
AlMagnifico

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:05 am

This isn't a support forum (it's the very first thing mentioned in the forum rules), and we do have wishlist threads for products so if you are 100% sure without consulting support that you are not having a technical/setup/settings issue feel free to post your feature requests in the appropriate official wishlist thread. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth