New Osc2 tuning bug with Editor in UNO Firmware 1.1.4

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

New Osc2 tuning bug with Editor in UNO Firmware 1.1.4

Postby jimmi.gruen » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:45 pm

After updating to FW 1.1.4, there's a new bug with the UNO Editor.

When detuning oscillator 2 via the editor, it only goes to -9 semitones, even though it says -12 in the editor GUI. In fact, the tuning seems to be consistently off by 3 semitones (e.g. -10 in the GUI results in -7 semitones actual detune).

This only happens when tuning Osc 2 down. Tuning Osc 2 up, and Osc 1 up/down works as expected. If using the physical knob on the synth to tune Osc 2 down, it works as expected. I can't remember having this issue before updating to FW 1.1.4. It happens both in the standalone editor and in the VST editor, both when using MIDI cables and USB MIDI.
jimmi.gruen

Re: New Osc2 tuning bug with Editor in UNO Firmware 1.1.4

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Please note that this is a user-to-user forum and is not a medium for technical support so please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. They will verify whether they can recreate your issue, and if it is a global issue will report to the team and if not will advise you how to rectify it locally on your unit.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby downtown.millard » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:58 am

Hi Peter and jimmi.gruen. I was wondering if anything has ever come of this? I have the same issue with the editor, and have not been able to get any reply from support (ticket submitted), or any information from looking in the forum or FAQ. Is it still possible to get support for the UNO? Not trying to break the forum rules - not complaining about support - just looking for information. Thanks so much.
downtown.millard

Postby jimmi.gruen » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:37 pm

Still having this issue though I only decided to open a support ticket just now. It happens in both Cubase and Studio One so I don't think it's DAW specific. I actually thought it was only specific to the VST3 version but I noticed the tuning is also incorrect in the VST2 version. The difference is just in the way the values are displayed (in the VST3 version it's impossible to even set the knob to -12 semitones, it immediately jumps back to -9). I've taken to just using the physical knobs to detune the oscillators but it's annoying that the editor still doesn't work properly after all these years.

[mod edit - please review the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 ]
jimmi.gruen

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth