Official UNO Drum Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Drum Wish list!

Postby jcdirckx » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi IK Multimedia,

thanks for the recent update, the drum anthology libraries really add a lot of versatility! Here are my wishes for future firmware updates:

- An easier way to place rolls/substeps/retrigs on the sequencer. Unless I am mistaken (please correct me if I am), you have to live record rolls (e.g. 2 hits per step) if you want to have them on the sequencer steps. A better way would be to hold the step in record mode and push the "roll" button to change the roll count for that step (fantastic would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 16). That would give the machine a whole lot more versatility.

- A pattern rollout (maybe by holding "Alt" while extending the pattern length). When extending the pattern length, this would fill the otherwise empty new pages with duplicates of the existing steps. This is a great starting point when working live and avoids silence. Alternatively a page copy function with which you can quickly copy all steps of all instruments from one page to another page.

- The Division and Humanize settings should be saved per pattern, not globally. This would make more sense, since those settings are highly specific to a pattern (like swing).

Thanks for listening!
jcdirckx

Postby ThisisRends » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:09 pm

I find it sometimes hard to set a specific tempo.
Example: If i want the tempo to be set at 120 bpm it often jumps from 119 to 121 with the slightest movement.
Would be nice if the knob turn rate would be spread out (from one bpm to the next) if you move slowly or make use of ALT - Tempo knob to make fine bpm corrections.
Thx.
ThisisRends

Postby Djcesaro » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi to all.
First post in IK Multimedia forum.
2 days with my UNO Drum. Love it so far.

I came directly to this section to kindly request

1. a sample converter-import feature.
This would make this drum machine a very individual and intimate instrument for each of us.
In fact, I bought it because now it has additional libraries and I think IK Multimedia is going to
add that option. PLEASE !

2. Ability to save different songs in the drum editor (I didnt find that option, only for saving patterns)

3. ...and a greater subdivision for bars: option for 1 bar = 64 steps
(Could use the 1 bar = 32 steps but I will have to double the tempo).

4. Ability to convert midi files or sections of a it into patterns.
Djcesaro

Postby CharlieDeGaulle » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:44 am

Hi IK Multimedia,

I got the Drum for Christmas and my Family did not see me since :)

1. Would it be possible to change the pattern or even the song with midi bank change messages?
Program: Kit Change (As today)
Sub bank: Pattern Change
Bank: Song Change

2. Loading my own samples would naturally be a blast :)

3. Saving and loading all the patterns at once in the editor would be appreciated. (for a quick safety storing before a live).
CharlieDeGaulle

Postby mihaws » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello !

I'm thinking about buying an UNO Drum and only one thing can make me do it :
PANNING !!!!
I really like the idea to have both analog and samples banks but without panning I can't use it live with all drums on the center!
And the best of the best would be : one drum = one output channel on DAW via USB !!!

Cheers !
mihaws

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:35 pm

mihaws wrote:Hello !

I'm thinking about buying an UNO Drum and only one thing can make me do it :
PANNING !!!!
I really like the idea to have both analog and samples banks but without panning I can't use it live with all drums on the center!
And the best of the best would be : one drum = one output channel on DAW via USB !!!

Cheers !

The output is mono, so you'd want to pan that channel once you record it into your DAW. As for the second request, that is not possible as no audio is transmitted via USB, since UNO Drum is a fully analog drum machine so you need to record the actual audio output. You could record each part separately into a separate DAW track if you are looking to have each kit piece isolated.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Djcesaro » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:57 am

sample import app, please !
Djcesaro

Postby Djcesaro » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:13 am

[mod redacted: please review the rules]

User sample import for the UNO DRUM would really make the difference. \

I hope IK Multimedia hears us.
Djcesaro

Postby PBS006 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Multitimbrality
16 midi channel.
One for each element or pad.
Each element-pad should output on different midi channel.
It could be fun to trig external devices such as the Rytm or Blofeld and apply midi fx such as the stutter, random and roll on them.
PBS006

Postby Djcesaro » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:19 pm

PBS006 wrote:Multitimbrality
16 midi channel.
One for each element or pad.
Each element-pad should output on different midi channel.
It could be fun to trig external devices such as the Rytm or Blofeld and apply midi fx such as the stutter, random and roll on them.

Oh!, that would be very cool !
Djcesaro

Postby Hoogerj » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 am

Used the UD for a couple of hours. Very cool little thing, especially regarding the price at my local store (160 euro)

I bumped into this one a couple of times:

It would be much easier to live record automation when record would switch to off at the end of a pattern. That action should follow after the first motion is registered.

Cheers,
John
Hoogerj

Postby Djcesaro » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:01 am

Much strength to the IK Multimedia people in Italy. Forza !
Djcesaro

Postby johnhines » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:14 pm

Would like to see a way to restore the factory Kits and Patterns presets. I know I can restore the factory sounds, but this does not seem to restore modified kit and pattern presets.
johnhines

Postby robatrax » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:47 pm

User "PCM" sample import PLEASE
robatrax

Postby Dennis Saemann » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:00 pm

johnhines wrote:Would like to see a way to restore the factory Kits and Patterns presets. I know I can restore the factory sounds, but this does not seem to restore modified kit and pattern presets.

Me too. I would like to have the factory patterns back. <3
Dennis Saemann

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth