UNO Drum and UNO Synth midi connection [SOLVED]

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: UNO Drum and UNO Synth midi connection

Postby sebastienm » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:29 pm

albertpauw wrote:I had some trouble to find a 2.5 mm jack <-> 2.5 mm jack stereo cable, but finally found one.

It works fine, the UNO Synth follows the tempo of the UNO Drum, as it should.

Thank you Albert for sharing this back to the community.

I had watched the Sweetwater video with Erik Norlander and went ahead and ordered a 2.5mm stereo male to male 3FT cable off Amazon a few days ago.
(one of the cheapest: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VGKKBQN)

I'm glad you tried and confirmed it works (to an extent). Just surprised this is not clearly documented, and comments above lead me to believe that IK themselves don't have it together on this one.

I'm waiting for it to arrive and I'll post here again once I've confirmed it works for me too, with the most basic cable.
sebastienm

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Glad to hear you guys found a solution for your particular use.

The UNO Synth includes a 2.5mm to 5-pin MIDI adapter, this can be used with our 2.5mm to MIDI cable as an effective solution for connecting the UNO Synth and UNO Drum together.

Check out this cable here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/? ... 150cm-copy

The cable you sent over seems to be for audio. If you find that this cable does or does not work for your use, please feel free to share your results with the group.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby sebastienm » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:52 pm

Yes, thanks for trying to sell me another adapter. I only have 5 so far...

So I'm confirming that the audio cable I purchased on Amazon (link posted in previous message) does work as well as 2 of your MIDI adapters connected with a traditional MIDI cable in between.

So in summary: same functionalities, less junk.

Thank you.
sebastienm

Postby Purveyor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:54 pm

In November, I bought the same cable as Seb from Amazon. I can also confirm for the group that it works perfectly.
Purveyor

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:54 pm

Purveyor wrote:In November, I bought the same cable as Seb from Amazon. I can also confirm it works perfectly!

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know here. :D

sebastienm wrote:Yes, thanks for trying to sell me another adapter. I only have 5 so far...

So I'm confirming that the audio cable I purchased on Amazon (link posted in previous message) does work as well as 2 of your MIDI adapters connected with a traditional MIDI cable in between.

Thanks for confirming. We're glad to hear everything is working.

The link I sent was to a cable, not an adapter. This can be used with your UNO Synth/Drum unit's included adapter for 2.5mm MIDI to 2.5mm MIDI connection. Sorry if this was outside of what you're looking for. We're only here to help :)

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth