cant update uno firmware

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

cant update uno firmware

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 pm

I cant update my uno firmware..ive downloaded the firmware updater software but it wont find my uno ive tried plugging it into every port on my computer but still cant find any help please
djwaxxy

Re: cant update uno firmware

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 pm

been looking at my system and its not showing up the uno synth its showing errors against the usb driver ..ive uninstalled and tried different ports but it just keeps loading the same usb error ..any help ?thanks
djwaxxy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm

You may want to see if this FAQ helps in general for finding UNO Synth https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1233

If that is not relevant and/or helpful, I'd suggest seeking official support from IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby djwaxxy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:06 pm

I thought id update this post..im still not being able too connect too the editor..in my windows device manager its showing the uno as (UNKOWN USB DEVICE (SET ADDRESS FAILED)
ive uninstalled and turned off the uno but the second I turn it back on the same thing pops up the uno driver doesn't appear so its not connecting .
its very frustrating ive got a piece of gear I cant use and if it carrys on ill have no choice but sell it because its useless at the minute.
ive contacted tech support but there saying update the firmware but it cant update because it cant connect and cant get help too fix it..i hope someone can help :(
djwaxxy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:24 pm

I'm sure IK Support can resolve your issue. Please make sure they are fully aware of the issue that you cannot connect to update the firmware and they will definitely take care of you.

Feel free to post or PM your ticket number if you'd like me to have someone take a closer look.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby djwaxxy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:51 pm

hi peter heres a quick update..

ive just tried lots of things in windows 10 and its now finally showing uno in the sound/video and game controllers so ive finally updated the hardware ..but it still wont connect too the editor.
in the editor the midi inputs/midi outputs don't match .

its saying midi input 6-uno synth (1) in red and midi output 5- uno synth(0) in white.
in the midi input box it does show 5- uno synth (1) but it cant be selected so it wont connect any idea how to fix this?
djwaxxy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:56 pm

I don't. I'm not in tech support so the only similar issue I've had to troubleshoot was UNO Synth not connecting to the editor on one of my machines and I followed the FAQ and all worked. I'd suggest updating your ticket with this issue too and they'll help you out directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth