How to connect UNO Synth to Ableton Live

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: How to connect UNO Synth to Ableton Live

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:41 pm

Sorry yes you can also use the USB connection for MIDI IN per the manual. I have an 8x8 MIDI interface on my studio machine so I tend to forget about USB MIDI connections, with another benefit of a MIDI interface being that you'll reduce the chance for USB bus noise when connecting hardware that produces sound and transmits data and power over MIDI. But if you need MIDI IN and don't have a MIDI interface USB will indeed do fine.

The audio input on UNO units is a pass-through, I'd still recommend connecting each to their own channel(s) on your audio interface if you have the opportunity to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fantamah99 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:06 pm

Guys I bought the Roland midi/usb interface and I connected the Synth with Live, it works perfectly!

I just wanted to thank you all for your precious help, special thanks to bobvoi for making the tutorial pdf.

Beautiful synth :!: :!: :!:
Fantamah99

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:15 am

Fantamah99 wrote:Guys I bought the Roland midi/usb interface and I connected the Synth with Live, it works perfectly!

I just wanted to thank you all for your precious help, special thanks to bobvoi for making the tutorial pdf.

Wow that's great to hear! It is a fun and surprisingly powerful little beastie isn't it? :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fantamah99 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Fantamah99 wrote:Guys I bought the Roland midi/usb interface and I connected the Synth with Live, it works perfectly!

Wow that's great to hear! It is a fun and surprisingly powerful little beastie isn't it? :)

Yes, a powerful little beast!!! :D

Peter sorry one more question, when I buy the Uno Drum how do I connect to my pc? Same way of the Synth? (audio out to my audio interface and Midi in/out to my pc with a separated Midi/usb interface?) I mean I'll need another Roland Midi/usb interface?

Thank you again :)
Fantamah99

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:24 pm

Fantamah99 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Yes, a powerful little beast!!! :D

Peter sorry one more question, when I buy the Uno Drum how do I connect to my pc? Same way of the Synth? (audio out to my audio interface and Midi in/out to my pc with a separated Midi/usb interface?) I mean I'll need another Roland Midi/usb interface?

Thank you again :)

You should not need a separate MIDI interface for each MIDI device, UNO Drum also has MIDI IN and OUT so you could set it to a different channel and string the UNOs together via MIDI (and send the audio out from each to different channels on your audio interface).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth