Using USB midi keyboard with Uno Synth/Editor

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Using USB midi keyboard with Uno Synth/Editor

Postby terryttk » Thu May 02, 2019 12:23 am

I'm somewhat of a newbie to midi so sorry if this is an obvious question:

I have my Uno synth working well with the Uno Editor on a PC (W8.1), connected through USB. I also have a USB-only (i.e. no midi DINs) midi keyboard (M-Audio Oxygen 25) that generally works well with my PC (e.g. using software synths). I'd like to play the Uno synth using the midi keyboard. I connected both to my PC, can see them both listed in the Midi settings in the Uno Editor, but can't seem to configure the Editor settings in such a way to get the keyboard to control the Uno.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
terryttk

Re: Using USB midi keyboard with Uno Synth/Editor

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Hey terryttk,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

No need to apologize we are more than happy to help :D

First make sure to launch UNO Synth Editor and click the MENU symbol to enter settings. Inside here you can find your MIDI IN and MIDI OUT settings. Adjust these to your UNO Synth. Do not select your MIDI Controller here. Next, adjust your MIDI Channels on your M-Audio MIDI keyboard, UNO Synth and UNO Synth Editor to make sure everything matches. Set these to MIDI Channel 1 if you're not using any other gear that utilizes MIDI. Once done you can go ahead and select your M-Audio MIDI keyboard as your MIDI Controller and you should be good to go!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby terryttk » Thu May 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks so much Ryan. I've got it working now using your instructions. I was (a) putting values in the fields on the bottom right of the midi settings that I shouldn't have and (b) not realizing I needed to save the settings for them to take place. All good now. I love my new Uno synth and Editor!
terryttk

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 02, 2019 7:46 pm

terryttk wrote:Thanks so much Ryan. I've got it working now using your instructions. I was (a) putting values in the fields on the bottom right of the midi settings that I shouldn't have and (b) not realizing I needed to save the settings for them to take place. All good now. I love my new Uno synth and Editor!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your unit and everything is working!

If there is anything else we can do to help, do not hesitate to let me know.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Before I forget! If you do enjoy your experience and want to share the word, we would greatly appreciate it. Below is a link to Amazon's review form, but if you purchased at another dealer, please feel free to share your experience in both locations :D

Review UNO Synth on Amazon here!
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth