IK Welcomes Joe Satriani!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: IK Welcomes Joe Satriani!

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 pm

vac713 wrote:I have to admit, while I understand why this has been delayed for months, I feel IK should give us an idea when it will become available. I ordered during NAMM so it’s been 3 months since I ordered it. How about it IK? Tentative date? Goal?

We will share a date when we can. It is almost ready, and we will share some news as soon as possible. Tentative dates are never great for anybody in my experience, we'll get it solidified and released soon.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I, too, am curious to start really using some of the AmpliTube Joe Satriani gear for non-Satch tones - including the stomp you mention - but I'm likely going to tear the Rockman model up a lot first. Brings back my early high school stereo Rockman setup memories!

I'm interested to try the 5150 amp model for all sorts of things. I have used the old "based on 5150" from Amplitube ... Metal (?) a bit, and I haven't really used any real 5150s, but it's such a versatile workhorse of a model rock/metal amp that the shiny new version ought to be pretty great. (Actually, I feel a bit like that about the Satch-signature version of the JVM410H, too. And I think that there's a new speaker model in one of the Satch cabs -- even that, prosaic though it seems, probably offers a whole new option of tones when slapped in various existing cabs in front of various existing amps.)

I do have the Slash and May bundles, and various bits of the Dimebag and Hendrix bundles, and I basically never just sit around playing covers of those guys with the gear from their bundles. :mrgreen: I find places in whatever I'm working on for some of those tones or that gear -- and I often surprise myself by what you can do with these models in different contexts. I'm sure the Satch bundle's gear will provide all kinds of similar flexibility.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby guitarkite » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:55 pm

Normally, at this point I'd be complaining of not receiving my pre-ordered Satriani pack... But then I remembered... I'm not an self-centered ****! :D

I hope everyone at IKM is safe and taking care of themselves. On behalf of at least 99% of the people that use your gear, let me say: Thank you for everything you guys do. This can wait.
guitarkite

Postby gnprice » Fri May 01, 2020 12:42 am

Really looking forward to this! Like many others, can't wait to check out the Rockman tones. Now I just need a Fostex X-15 emulation so I can recreate my 1985 demo sound. :D
gnprice

Postby bart.childers » Thu May 14, 2020 5:18 pm

gnprice wrote:Really looking forward to this! Like many others, can't wait to check out the Rockman tones. Now I just need a Fostex X-15 emulation so I can recreate my 1985 demo sound. :D

:D - Right on man!
I'm looking forward to this as well. A little annoyed to have paid my money w/o getting the product for so long.
bart.childers

Postby carlaz » Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 pm

gnprice wrote:Now I just need a Fostex X-15 emulation so I can recreate my 1985 demo sound. :D

Ha! Perhaps an emulation can be added to the T-RackS Tape Machine Collection! :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jih64 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:21 am

carlaz wrote:
gnprice wrote:Now I just need a Fostex X-15 emulation so I can recreate my 1985 demo sound. :D

Ha! Perhaps an emulation can be added to the T-RackS Tape Machine Collection! :mrgreen:

If they start now, maybe we will get it before the Satriani pack :twisted: Just kidding
jih64

Postby dlgebert » Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 pm

My first multi-track recorder was a Fostex X-30. I also had a Fostex X-26. Before that, I bounced between two tape decks and played "live" and recorded with one tape deck my live signal and what I had just recorded played back on the other. As you can imagine, the tape hiss multiplied by how many bounces were done. Also, I had to play everything perfectly and stay in time from start to finish, or I would have to start from the beginning again. This was all being mixed with a Radio Shack 4 channel mixer...

Should I tell you about the time I used an 8-track tape player pre-amp from an old stereo to use for distortion... :D

Yes, I do mean this kind of 8-track:

dlgebert

Postby ntechnyc » Wed May 20, 2020 10:33 am

5 months have pass since i purchased this product with many empty promises getting told real soon by real soon has become real long mybe everyone that pre ordered should cancel then mybe ik would set a fire under there ass to release
ntechnyc

Postby guitarkite » Wed May 20, 2020 6:13 pm

5 months have pass since i purchased this product with many empty promises getting told real soon by real soon has become real long mybe everyone that pre ordered should cancel then mybe ik would set a fire under there ass to release

You realize that there is a global crisis going on right now? And that Italy (Where IKM is located) was hit REALLY hard?

Do you really think that the reason that IKM hasn't released the Satriani update is because they're just being lazy?!?
guitarkite

Postby vac713 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:20 pm

I certainly am sympathetic to the plight in Italy and I’m patient. I do think however, that IK should at the very least provide an update or perhaps a target date. Leaving folks in limbo for 4-5 months is a very poor customer experience. I love their products. I own just about everything the make and I will continue to purchase their products but their communication to us loyal customers is a bit unacceptable IMHO
vac713

Postby guitarkite » Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 pm

You hear that Joe? Ignore the pandemic! Ignore restrictions on international flights! And you at IKM... Who cares about social distancing or protecting your family?!? Get back to work so that "ntechnyc" can get his update!

Priorities Dammit!!!
guitarkite

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 20, 2020 6:56 pm

We take our releases seriously, but sometimes there are delays. This is the exception rather than the norm, but we are still not happy that you don't have AmpliTube Joe Satriani too. We must release something that Joe himself would put his name on and which also meets our own high standards. There are many factors in a release like this, and we know it is disappointing to have delays but it would also be an injustice to a great musician to release something that both he and IK are willing to put out there for you all.

Have patience, we are going to have this for you as soon as possible. Once we clear the next hurdle I can probably give a better idea of about when that will be.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ntechnyc » Wed May 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Hey you missed my whole point what about m saying Ik shouldn’t hold money fo month and by the way guitar I well aware of Italy just got back from recording
ntechnyc

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 20, 2020 8:24 pm

ntechnyc wrote:Hey you missed my whole point what about m saying Ik shouldn’t hold money fo month and by the way guitar I well aware of Italy just got back from recording

Hey I didn't miss any point. Emphasis here:
Peter_IK wrote:We take our releases seriously, but sometimes there are delays. This is the exception rather than the norm, but we are still not happy that you don't have AmpliTube Joe Satriani too. We must release something that Joe himself would put his name on and which also meets our own high standards. There are many factors in a release like this, and we know it is disappointing to have delays but it would also be an injustice to a great musician to release something that both he and IK are willing to put out there for you all.

Have patience, we are going to have this for you as soon as possible. Once we clear the next hurdle I can probably give a better idea of about when that will be.

Neither the mods/admins nor the users take, process, or have access to your order payment and other details. If that's your main point, you'll need to contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling