IK Welcomes Joe Satriani!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: IK Welcomes Joe Satriani!

Postby HappySpaceInvader » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:10 pm

dlgebert wrote:I pre-ordered as well since they usually provide a good discount if you do.

There's no discount for pre-ordering. It's €99.99 (excluding VAT), which is the exact same price as all the other artist plugins (Brian May, Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, etc.).

No discount and no release date = no incentive to pre-order.
HappySpaceInvader

Postby dlgebert » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:53 pm

HappySpaceInvader wrote:
dlgebert wrote:I pre-ordered as well since they usually provide a good discount if you do.

There's no discount for pre-ordering. It's €99.99 (excluding VAT), which is the exact same price as all the other artist plugins (Brian May, Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, etc.).

No discount and no release date = no incentive to pre-order.

You may note I said "usually". For most of the items I pre-ordered, there was a discount, like Sunset Studio, MODO Bass and Drums to name a few.

I agree there isn't much incentive to pre-order at this point...

Dave
dlgebert

Postby aaronaardvark2g » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Got an email from IK saying their offices are (understandably) temporarily closed. Looks like we'll have to be patient regarding this, and more important issues.
aaronaardvark2g

Postby carlaz » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:27 pm

Very understandable.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby RiF_2205 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:11 pm

I wish IK's staff and everybody in Italy all the best! Stay healthy and take your time for this release. There are more important things to do now.
RiF_2205

Postby jih64 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:42 am

jih64 wrote:
Maybe this month? :shock:

hmmmm . . . Maybe not

Maybe next month :lol:
jih64

Postby IK4GM » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:49 pm

I guess I just did not understand what a pre-order is. I thought it was the final phases of testing not development. Something like a movie that is pre-ordered.
IK4GM

Postby jih64 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 pm

It usually is, but this time we have some very unusual circumstances with what's going on in the world, and Italy where IK is is having a pretty bad time among other things.

It'll get here eventually, all in all no big deal, there is more pressing things going on.
jih64

Postby stateofepicicity » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:18 pm

To the moderators:

Do you have any info if the pandemic is actually allowing more time to finish AT Satriani, or is it postponing it? I'm sure this is throwing a wrench into Joe's plans around promoting the new album, which might free his schedule some to work on the models with you. But that's also assuming the developers are able to access the studio to work on it too! It's most important that everyone is just staying safe, and hopefully everyone is doing okay, both in Italy and in the United States.

All the Best.
stateofepicicity

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Our developers have to work from home as they are in one of the most affected areas of the world. However, they are able to do so quite well so progress is being made. There were multiple factors in getting AmpliTube Joe Satriani perfect including the current world situation, Joe's finishing of his album (which he's not really been freed up with as he still needs to promote that release as he would, just without leaving the house which is even more difficult), and more. But we will have news for you soon on this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:24 pm

It will be worth the wait. I'm looking forward to trying the "Boston 100". I had a Rockman Soloist back in the day.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:54 pm

dlgebert wrote:It will be worth the wait. I'm looking forward to trying the "Boston 100". I had a Rockman Soloist back in the day.

Dave

I've been asking for a Rockman model for years now. Much easier than picking one up (the one I had back in high school is long gone) and dealing with noise, connectivity, reliability etc.

It is also sometimes a fun challenge to use what is already available in AmpliTube to make tones that from gear that isn't very specifically the same. Since a lot of amps and gear basically emulated each other and sometimes (but sometimes not) ended up being their own special "thing" there is really a ton of flexibility with what's already there. I was able to get some great earlier Boston tones (so not Rockman era) with existing gear just noodling around a few months ago, and there are always requests for certain artist packs like David Gilmour but we really do have a lot in there that he and others have used for gear and the rest can be accomplished with a great degree of accuracy even if we don't have THAT piece of gear. Though I really want a Binson Echorec regardless :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:41 am

Peter_IK wrote:there are always requests for certain artist packs like David Gilmour but we really do have a lot in there that he and others have used for gear and the rest can be accomplished with a great degree of accuracy even if we don't have THAT piece of gear.

Very true, especially in the case of someone like Gilmour, who has changed out quite a few elements of their rig over the years -- but, of course, still tends to sound a lot like they sound. 8-)

Peter_IK wrote:Though I really want a Binson Echorec regardless :)

Ditto! :mrgreen: It's also perfect for my early-Hawkwind obsession. :lol:

That said, even Gilmour only used the Echorec up into the late '70s (switching to various digital pedals and rack units thereafter). But some careful tweaking of the now venerable Big Pig stomp into a fairly clean HiAmp with ... basically the delay of your choice :mrgreen: will get most of us into plausible Gilmour territory, IMO. (Gilmour did use a Tube Driver with the Big Muffs in the early '90s, I think, so I'm interested to try out the new stomp model that will come with the Satriani bundle to see how that works.)

Likewise, the (long-awaited!) treble booster in the Brain May bundle does yeoman service for making Blackmore, Iommi, and Rory Gallagher (amongst others) types of tones more authentic.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:26 pm

carlaz wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:there are always requests for certain artist packs like David Gilmour but we really do have a lot in there that he and others have used for gear and the rest can be accomplished with a great degree of accuracy even if we don't have THAT piece of gear.

Very true, especially in the case of someone like Gilmour, who has changed out quite a few elements of their rig over the years -- but, of course, still tends to sound a lot like they sound. 8-)

Peter_IK wrote:Though I really want a Binson Echorec regardless :)

Ditto! :mrgreen: It's also perfect for my early-Hawkwind obsession. :lol:

That said, even Gilmour only used the Echorec up into the late '70s (switching to various digital pedals and rack units thereafter). But some careful tweaking of the now venerable Big Pig stomp into a fairly clean HiAmp with ... basically the delay of your choice :mrgreen: will get most of us into plausible Gilmour territory, IMO. (Gilmour did use a Tube Driver with the Big Muffs in the early '90s, I think, so I'm interested to try out the new stomp model that will come with the Satriani bundle to see how that works.)

Likewise, the (long-awaited!) treble booster in the Brain May bundle does yeoman service for making Blackmore, Iommi, and Rory Gallagher (amongst others) types of tones more authentic.

For sure. We also have the Electric Flanger and Small Phazer which were modeled after two pedals that did some serious time on the master's board.

Ditto on the AmpliTube Brian May treble booster. That 70s era boost fits right in that Rangemaster/germanium territory to help with some very non-Queen tones.

I, too, am curious to start really using some of the AmpliTube Joe Satriani gear for non-Satch tones - including the stomp you mention - but I'm likely going to tear the Rockman model up a lot first. Brings back my early high school stereo Rockman setup memories!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 pm

I have to admit, while I understand why this has been delayed for months, I feel IK should give us an idea when it will become available. I ordered during NAMM so it’s been 3 months since I ordered it. How about it IK? Tentative date? Goal?
vac713

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling