Able to retune to A=432Hz???

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Able to retune to A=432Hz???

Postby nofr3ts » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:52 pm

I have a band that tunes to A=432Hz rather than the standard A=440Hz. Since they pay me, I tune to A432 as well. ;-{)}

Politely, let's not get sidetracked with the "Why 432???" question. For me, the answer is simple: THEY PAY ME TO PLAY IN 432Hz.

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to change the "master tuning" of the UNO to A432. If so, I will use the UNO for a really phat "low D drone" on a couple of tunes. Kind of a different use for the UNO but *IF* it can be retuned to A432, it will be killer.

NOTE: retuning the oscillators would get me there--but then I'd probably not want to touch the Osc tuning during a live performance. Tweaking the Osc tuning is a pretty cool feature that I don't want to do without. So that's not an acceptable solution.

I don't see anything in the User Manual about being able to change the core tuning. I'm hoping to find a feature like the "master tune knob" on the (3x more expensive and not-portable) Moog Minitaurus:
https://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26076

Thanks in advance.
nofr3ts

Re: Able to retune to A=432Hz???

Postby nofr3ts » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:05 pm

Answering my own post... My Sweetwater sales engineer checked with IK Multimedia and the answer is no. Cool little synth but other devices handle this primary need of mine better. So on to other devices, at least for now.
nofr3ts

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth