UNO Editor "Waiting for UNO"

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Editor "Waiting for UNO"

Postby seifmadih » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:09 pm

how to make UNO synth to communicate with this software? When I connect to and open the uno synth editor ,nothing happens.
Just says Waiting for UNO. DO I need to do something to make it work?
seifmadih

Re: Waiting for UNO

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 am

Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed from your IK User Area, as that is required for connectivity with the UNO Synth Editor.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby seifmadih » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed from your IK User Area, as that is required for connectivity with the UNO Synth Editor.

well it has the latest firmware and it still says waiting for uno
seifmadih

Postby seifmadih » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Also it is synchronizing my movements but there's no sound
seifmadih

Postby seifmadih » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Or do i need some audio interface or something ? as i see people directly connecting the synthesizer to their DAW
seifmadih

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm

seifmadih wrote:Or do i need some audio interface or something ? as i see people directly connecting the synthesizer to their DAW

You would need to connect UNO Synth to your audio interface to record its sound as it is an analog synth so the USB connection does not transmit any sound, just data.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 4vientos » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:16 am

UNO connects to it's editor when it's usb cable is connected
to the win7 computer usb port. But the synth is far too noisy.
If I plug UNO usb into a phone charger, or use batteries,
it is quiet, but the editor won't connect. I have tried
the process with typical series of actions, restarting the daw,
(Bitwig and Reaper) restarting the editor and varying the settings,
repeating attempts after rebooting, using different usb cables etc mcYada.

Can anyone that has had this problem, confirm
that a firmware update fully fixed it? As far as I know,
the firmware editor is not win7 compatible.
Whereas AXE-I/O has had solid win7 support from the start.
Cheers
4vientos

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:59 pm

4vientos wrote:UNO connects to it's editor when it's usb cable is connected
to the win7 computer usb port. But the synth is far too noisy.
If I plug UNO usb into a phone charger, or use batteries,
it is quiet, but the editor won't connect. I have tried
the process with typical series of actions, restarting the daw,
(Bitwig and Reaper) restarting the editor and varying the settings,
repeating attempts after rebooting, using different usb cables etc mcYada.

Can anyone that has had this problem, confirm
that a firmware update fully fixed it? As far as I know,
the firmware editor is not win7 compatible.
Whereas AXE-I/O has had solid win7 support from the start.
Cheers

Noise is typically an issue due to bus noise, but can be rectified. This is covered on the Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/u ... hp?p=specs (with some suggestions and diagrams as well).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 4vientos » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:58 am

Busy times for IK, two new hardwares, related softwares,
and Sampletank 4 all on the platter! In the interim,
I've got UNO hooked up to an ART effects rack
using the quiet connect from a phone-charger. Sounds great,
even the Ozzy and SRV related presets, if your hair leans towards
being fireproof :o

When will the Axe-IO team have time to do the win7 versions
of the UNO editor and firmware updater? Soon, I hope.
Cheers
4vientos

Re: UNO Editor "Waiting for UNO"

Postby therealyez » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:41 pm

I got the same problem with the editor.
The UNO Synth is firmware updated and connected with USB to my PC.
No matter if I restart editor or synth it's still the same issue: "Waiting for UNO"
Any clue what I can do to use the editor?

EDIT:
I got it to work.
Needed to select UNO Synth Midi in/out in the editor settings and set midi channel to 1 on the synth.
therealyez

Postby bobvoi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:44 am

On Windows MIDI devices are enumerated (=numbered) as the devices are plugged in. This means that the order you turn on devices may impact which MIDI number the device is assigned by Windows. When you in UNI Synth Editor's MIDI-settings see stuff like "UNO Synth [0]" and "UNO Synth [1]", the 0 and 1 is the MIDI device number. Now, since this can change just by turning the equipment on or off at different times, it means that the first thing you should check in UNO Synth Editor, is is if the "UNO Synth [x]" has changed. If often has, and switching to the new MIDI device, often this automatically rectify the connection to the UNO Synth.

My wish is that upcoming versions of the UNO Synth-editor somehow could "auto switch" to the changed MIDI devices. I know this might be a challenge if you have multiple UNO Synths, but a little dialog box offering you some information and a choice, would be much better than plain silence.
bobvoi

Postby blackofe » Sun May 19, 2019 7:32 pm

my new UNO Synth works standalone almost without a glitch (just sometimes "preset up" key sticks - you press it once, and it starts randomly switching presets. but it happens pretty rarely). however it fails, when i try to connect it to my DAW.

UNO Editor looks working, when it's used standalone. the issues appear, when i try using it under any DAW as a VST plugin. it fails under Ableton Live (10 Lite) and Cubase (10 Elements) - it just stays at "Waiting for UNO", and nothing may change this state.

trying to go through, first, i've loaded the latest firmware (1.1.3) - it didn't work even in standalone mode without it. i was playing with the parameters (setting MIDI interface input/output to "UNO Synth [1]"/"UNO Synth [0]"). it's weird, but, if i try to change MIDI input from "UNO Synth [1]" to, say, my audiointeface MIDI input ("MTrack External [1]"), i have no chance to change it back. btw, these parameters are red - does it mean something?

the only DAW, i had a chance to make it work as a VST plugin, was Cakewalk Music Creator 7 (MIDI interface parameters are silver and i'm able to freely change them). but it's not my main DAW. i need it work under Cubase.

ps. windows 10 home 64bit.
Last edited by blackofe on Mon May 20, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackofe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 20, 2019 4:46 pm

I found this FAQ useful when the editor was saying "Waiting for UNO" https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1233
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blackofe » Mon May 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I found this FAQ useful when the editor was saying "Waiting for UNO" https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1233

thanks, Peter!

i did everything what was described in the FAQ. no success.

however i found a useful info: "If your UNO Synth shows as red, this means another program is trying to access this device. Disable your UNO Synth in any other programs to select your UNO Synth in these cases."

this is exactly my case. however i don't get, how to "disable my UNO Synth in any other program".

on freshly rebooted computer i start cubase and see that MIDI in/out in UNO Editor are red. which program could request access to it? i've just rebooted!

ok. i close cubase and start cakewalk MC7. voila - MIDI in/out are silver, everything's working. close MC7, start Live 10 - MIDI in is red, MIDI out is silver, but it does not help. i start cubase again - all red. start MC7 - all silver.

i want to say, that MIDI in/out are always red in cubase and live 10, and are always silver in MC7, no matter what. i believe this is the crack. but i don't get how to fix it.
blackofe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 20, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm not sure what might be using UNO Synth in that case, then, especially after restart. I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct support so they can troubleshoot directly with you and assist. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth