Two UNO's for use in DAW?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Two UNO's for use in DAW?

Postby raffivegas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:02 am

I'm thinking about purchasing two UNO's to use in Bitwig (I'm going to call it UNO DOS™) :D :D . Would this work? Will I be able to load one UNO vst on one instrument track and a 2nd UNO synth vst on another and have both hooked up to my comp via USB and ensure I can control both as separate instruments?
raffivegas

Re: Two UNO's for use in DAW?

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Hey raffivegas,

This should certainly work as long as each UNO Synth is set to use a different MIDI Channel and assigned properly via the UNO Synth Editor settings. Feel free to PM me with any questions getting started.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby raffivegas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Thanks for the response. Another (possibly tricky) question. I looked at the midi implementation and it seems like the program change buttons (preset up/down) buttons transmit midi data. I couldn't tell how this is implemented with midi CC though. I have a use case which will probably be uncommon, but I'm curious if the following is possible.

Lets say I made a patch and sequence and copied the patch to the following bank and modified the sequence to make it a 2nd bar, and then repeated this process two more times to get 4 bars of 16 steps. I could then chain them manually by pressing play on the sequencer and starting from the first patch I could simply 'up arrow' through the 4 patches getting 4 bars. Would it be possible to automate the patch changes in a DAW? Sorry if this seems ridiculous, but just curious, thanks. I think something like that would be useful in 'session view' in Ableton or Bitwig. I know with the DAW we can pretty much have as many bars and as much automation as we want, but it would be nice to keep a lot of the workflow on the synth.
raffivegas

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Presets would not be recalled via MIDI CC at this time, but as you mention MIDI PC messages can be used to recall your different Presets. This means, yes, you could set up a DAW session which recalls different MIDI PC messages in time to create a fully automated song with your UNO Synth units.

In Ableton Live, MIDI clips can be used to recall MIDI PC messages as well. This makes it easy to quickly recall your different presets on your UNO Synth keeping your audio in time while doing so.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth