Error Message

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Error Message

Postby shawquentin » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:41 am

Hello,

Anyone know what an error message on the Uno could mean? I currently have a line out into my Audient iD14. It was working fine for about an hour and then started glitching out and not responding. I realized I hadn't updated the firmware, so I did that and now I can't get rid of this "Err". Would love to get some input on this!

Thanks
shawquentin

Re: Error Message

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi, since other users have not chimed in I'd suggest opening an official IK Support ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. I'm sure they can assist you.

If you have opened a ticket please provide the ticket number here and let us know if you got your issue resolved. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby allenkho » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:08 am

I have the same problem too.
When I start Uno synth it flash CAL 5 times and get stuck in Err and the unit has no sound or does not respond. ( was working fine and firmware was updated, but is just suddenly end up in this state when I turned it on )

I tried the firmware updater it can go into upd mode I updated the firmware and restarted the unit but it keeps ending up in Err no matter how many times I tried to start the unit with USB or Batteries.

I raise a support ticket #690461
allenkho

Postby Mike1989 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 am

I had "err" message on start. Changing the batteries help me to solve this problem
Mike1989

Postby bkatayama » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 am

I too had this problem and once I took out the batteries and connected via USB all worked fine.

Bob
bkatayama

Postby ramoore44 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:20 am

Same error message here as well. CAL blinks a few times at start up and then "Err". always connected via USB and I have never used batteries. This started a couple of weeks after updating to latest firmware.
ramoore44

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:38 am

ramoore44 wrote:Same error message here as well. CAL blinks a few times at start up and then "Err". always connected via USB and I have never used batteries. This started a couple of weeks after updating to latest firmware.

I’d recommend seeking official support from IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support since the ideas from this thread don’t seem to work in your case. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ramoore44 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:13 am

Thank You.
ramoore44

Postby TwiggySDW3 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:30 am

Hi there,

What was the solution to this in the end? Mine works fine via battery, but power via USB causes the err message to show up.

Cheers
TwiggySDW3

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:21 pm

TwiggySDW3 wrote:Hi there,

What was the solution to this in the end? Mine works fine via battery, but power via USB causes the err message to show up.

Cheers

Please contact IK Support for assistance, they will be able to troubleshoot with you directly. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby larsolesimonsen » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:37 pm

In my case it turned out the unit didn't like the power supply I had it hooked up to. Switching with a similar supply powering one of my other synths solved the problem for me.
larsolesimonsen

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth