Anybody else? Issues with UNO Synth Editor as VST in Live

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Anybody else? Issues with UNO Synth Editor as VST in Liv

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please report this issue to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support or continue to work with them if you already have an open ticket. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gwood » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:18 am

Thank you for your reply, but there's no need for a ticket. It's a Windows limitation. You yourself alluded to it in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19892#p85507

"3) On Windows, all MIDI devices will be limited to be used in one software program at a time. If the UNO Synth appears RED in the UNO Synth Editor 'Settings' window this would indicate this synth is being used in another program. Make sure to disable the UNO Synth in any other programs to allow the UNO Synth Editor to access this."

If by "application" we also mean Windows process, that could account for the behaviour in Reason. KORG have their own USB-MIDI driver to remedy this problem (I have their nanoKEY Studio controller). But, unsurprisingly, it doesn't seem to work with the UNO Synth.
gwood

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:00 pm

That is not my post.

Also, UNO Synth is an analog synthesizer not a MIDI controller so I'm not surprised the driver doesn't work. There is no reason for more than one instance of the UNO Synth Editor to be accessing the same UNO Synth at a time, and this may likely not be this issue at all.

There is a need for a ticket for direct technical assistance and with that suggestion I believe this thread has run its course.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth